Kistler klx tech spec

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Kistler klx tech spec

Post by Obz » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:20 pm

Picked up 7'3' MH Texas, Carolina, jig and a 7' M dropshot finesse during their buy 1 get 1 sale. I was in the market for another spinning rod for walleye and a Texas rig rod for guests. I love my helium 7L/MH. I thought they used same blank different guides for helium and klx so I figured at $150 a price it was a good investment. My helium is previous generation.

Just wondering what y'all have to say about current klx. Curious about power on the 7'3" MH. Hoping it has enough power to pull fish out of reeds up her in WI/MN probably rock 50-60# braid on it. I liked how the 7' spinning rod had mid fast action, I rock braid to flouro on my spinning gear so doubt it will let me down in the sensitivity department.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Kistler klx tech spec

Post by doomtrprz71 » Thu May 12, 2022 2:22 pm

I've got a new klx that's a medium 7.3, it handles redfish fine so I'm sure the mh would be fine with bass in reeds with 50lb braid.

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Mon May 16, 2022 6:38 pm

Thanks man

Obz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Obz » Mon May 16, 2022 6:44 pm

The 7'3 seems about right power wise outta the box. I've used the 7m Ds. It's more of a medium than I expected based on the 1/8-3/8 lure rating and mod-fast taper suggested. It's got more power and a bit more sensitive than my st.croix 7ft med avids. Heck of a rod for $150 I'm happy with it so far.

Phish-Hunter
Angler
Angler

Post by Phish-Hunter » Thu May 19, 2022 10:13 am

They no longer use the same blank in KLX and Helium. They've moved away from North Forks and started using Fuji blanks. The Helium and Z bone appear to use the same blanks, or at least the same material anyways. I don't have any experience with the new blanks of any model, but the North Forks blanks were damn fine rods (although tip-heavy).