Hows it going with Your Otomat rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Hows it going with Your Otomat rod?

Post by goldrod » Sat May 21, 2022 10:22 am

This is one rod that depending on depth and reel you can do alot of things so I wanted to know what the general use for this rod is and if anyone has gone outside the topwater realm.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

mrw464
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Hows it going with Your Otomat rod?

Post by mrw464 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:46 pm

I use it for Topwater aside from frogs the entire time the water temps are Topwater friendly. In the winter I use it as a jerkbait rod. I'm sure it could do some smaller treble hook stuff but I use my glass-composited rod for that kind lighter moving stuff like square bills, etc

TNBankFishing
Angler
Angler

Re: Hows it going with Your Otomat rod?

Post by TNBankFishing » Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:29 am

Shallow to medium cranks, 1/4 chatterbaits, jerkbaits, lipless, flukes, and the list goes on. The Otomat is one of if not the most versatile reaction rods I own. The smooth action leads it to be able to do so much. I’d not try to rip single hook baits through cover, but light baits with minimal vegetation are it’s bread and butter.

One really great thing about the blank is when you do hook into something it will stay pinned. No matter how aggressive the fish flops you’re getting it to the boat.