7’1” MedHvy. Valkyrie

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 7’1” MedHvy. Valkyrie

Post by goldrod » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:47 pm

i dont know what i was thinking
I brought a mag force Z spool but it fits in my steez ltd not my 100m
i have to stay away from the dice table..lol
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:21 pm

Would this serve as a good topwater rod? I sold my otomat thinking it would be released in the P5 line later on this year and looks like its discontinued, now looking for a new topwater rod. Although I'd prefer something a little shorter this does look interesting.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:11 am

It will get the job done but they are heavy rods. I'd rather not walk the dog for hours on end with one. If you want a topwater rod the Jerkbait Special rods are pretty good. Just bump up past the Levante line because that one is tip heavy.

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:15 am

If you want something close to the Otomat in the P5 lineup, the Dark Sleeper is worth a look.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:30 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:21 pm
Would this serve as a good topwater rod? I sold my otomat thinking it would be released in the P5 line later on this year and looks like its discontinued, now looking for a new topwater rod. Although I'd prefer something a little shorter this does look interesting.
As was mentioned there are lighter rods out.. i would look at the jdm steez rods like the machine gun casting rods
or something in the 6'10" range of the valkyrie line..
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible