Triza Dragoon

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Bay_Bassin86
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Triza Dragoon

Post by Bay_Bassin86 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:51 am

What’s up TT

I recently picked up a Valkyrie VKC-78H-4 for an all around rod. It’s very impressive rod being able to cast a good distance with a 4” diezel minnow and a 3/8oz head but I need a little bit more sensitive/crisp rod for the bottom contact stuff. The VKC-78H-4 is now going to be used for my 4-6” paddle tails in the bay.

I’m looking at the Triza Dragoon and using the fast tip for bottom contact applications in the bay for spotted bay bass. The issue is I like to use lighter weight baits but still need a rod that has the power to stop and get the fish away from cover asap before they cornhole you in the rocks.

How does the dragoon do with baits at the lower limits of its lure range mainly 3/8oz t-rigs with say a geecrak bellows craw?

Thanks

JS8588
Angler
Angler

Re: Triza Dragoon

Post by JS8588 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:13 am

Alright, this may be an apples to kumquats comparison but...

I have the Triza Hibali and an Orochi XXX Slend. I swear the rods are made in the same factory (guide wraps and blanks look the same) as my Daiwa Arditos. For what you're looking for with the Dragoon, I'd pick up the Ardito M and MH and still come out about $200 ahead. I have 3 Arditos (7'6 MH Casting & Spinning and the 7'6 MLXF...to this day my favorite rod) and will probably end up with both spinning and casting 7'0 Mediums as well.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:14 pm

Should be just fine. Never pulled mine out for a recent bay fishing trip. I was using my 3X 4pc BE2 for smaller spots and calico from shore. I use mine for smaller swimbait needs like 5" spark shads with 6/0 belly weighted hooks. I imagine you would be just fine with your application although that craw looks fairly small to my eyes, maybe a 3/0 ewg would fit this profile? I'm not wise on these particular baits but they remind me of the reins craw.

mkc
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by mkc » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:03 pm

I have the Dragoon and in my opinion it needs about 3/4 oz to start casting well. I tried casting a t-rig weightless senko on it once and it went nowhere.