Trika Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Trika Rods

Post by Chode » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:23 pm

MaxZmus wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:40 am
I sent mine back because I didn’t like the way the handle on the spinning felt. The cut outs on the handle just didn’t feel right. It was very uncomfortable. The guides on the 73H casting seemed rough when I was pulling on the line to do a bend test. It would kink my line and make the section that was rubbing the tip pigtail. The handle on the casting felt great and the sensitivity was good but not great. I like the casting rod but I just didn’t like the Kigan guides. I caught quite a few fish in the 3lbs range on the new Yamatanuki, ikas, and a 1/2oz wobble head with RI Man Bear Pig using a 20Metanium 8.1 with 30lbs power pro and a long top shot(~20 yards) of 17lbs Abrazx. I probably would’ve kept the casting rod if it had Fuji SiC guides. The new Okuma X-Series are $279.99 and feature Toray T1100G carbon blanks and Fuji Sic guides. I might give those a try but I want to wait for reviews to start popping up first. I was just intrigued by Trika’s unique 365 day return policy so I gave them a fair shot. Just in case anyone is wondering, they pay shipping both ways. They emailed me a prepaid shipping label and even had photos of how to repack the rods. The customer service and interaction was pleasant. I really hope they make improvements based on my concerns mentioned. I would give them another shot if they changed the spinning rod handles and switch to Fuji SIC guides.
Oh that's really interesting. Where does it say that Okuma is using t1100g for these blanks?

MaxZmus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MaxZmus » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:54 pm

Right on the blanks themselves.
There are no strangers in the Brotherhood of Fishermen.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:49 pm

MaxZmus wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:54 pm

Oh wow I actually see it on the last picture from tacklewarehouse. Thx a lot for pointing it out.

Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Polkfish1 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:08 pm

MaxZmus wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:54 pm
Just looked at TW. Slick looking rods. Hints of jdm design all over those sticks. I look forward to hearing more about performance too. At that price, these might be bangers.

lucky6468
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by lucky6468 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:00 pm

Just received my Trika 7ft 6 spinning rod and had a chance to fish with it Saturday. I'm happy with my purchase so far. I paired it with a new Tatula 2500 spinning reel and it balanced out well with that reel. My primary use is with weightless Texas rigged worms and wacky rigs . I fish primarily from shore and needed a rod that could cast long distances to reach some spots in a quarry that I fish. I still think that my blue Steez ml/m rod was the best at casting for distance but not by much. It's too bad that rod broke on me or I would have done a direct comparison. Sensitivity was fantastic I was really able to feel the bass I caught inhale the worm on slack line that day without a problem. Because the rod balanced out so well it felt very light in hand. Even though I have above average hand size the slim log handle was a pleasure to fish with all day. For some reason the rod reminded me of the 7 ft 7 inch Phenix Feather rod that I have but I think it's because both have or use Micro guides. The Trika is definitely a better casting rod then the Phenix feather and I was able to do a direct comparison between the two with identical reels spooled with the same line and lure. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same rod again if I needed another.

MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MeatHead » Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:57 am

Did Trika change the guides on the $300 rods? I saw an advertisement for them on Facebook announcing their new "3x" rods and went to check them out. Turns out that's a newer, cheaper option and in the comparison for them and the original "6x" rods it shows the 6x as having Fuji guides, when they were originally Kigan. What makes it more confusing is when I clicked on the link for the 6x rods it still states titanium/zirconium which is what the Kigan guides use.