Dedicated Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Dedicated Rods

Post by goldrod » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:49 pm

I too agree with Junk Fisherman and i have changed my stance somewhat over the years.
I think there are two thought camps here, one is using a rod for a specified purpose although it may be good at many things you are using it for what YOU find it to be Great for. Secondly its just buying a technique specific rod. I dont think the later of the two will save you money and heart ache. What you like for certain technique may not at all be what I enjoy. I have the sensor rod that was reviewed, and I find that most of the time I have a ned rig on it. So in that regard I agree with the review. I have a poison glorious rod that if i recall correctly someone on here uses for things completely different than I do.

That being said its only so many things outside of punching you can do effectively with a true punch stick. I have maybe five including a custom rod. I love jerkbaits and i have three rods dedicated to that to include a custom rod , i like pitching/ jig and have several to include a custom rod. For me after trying different rods I gain wisdom on what i prefer and than I set out to build a custom rod that takes all the pluses from all the mass produced rods I have and gives me no negatives aside from cost.

The more you focus on a particular technique you will come to find your likes and dislikes about the equipment your using and you will ultimately dedicate a setup that helps you optimize your presentation and gives you little to no negatives. its simple the evolution of getting better at a specific technique
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible