Abu Fantasista Premiers feedback?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Abu Fantasista Premiers feedback?

Post by dragon1 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:36 pm

I'm interested in both the 6'10" ML for 1/4 poppers and the 6'10" MH for general all-purpose use.

Any feedback on this lineup and models in general?

TIA.
Last edited by dragon1 on Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Abu Fantasista Premiers feedback?

Post by _diggy_ » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:14 am

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:16 am

Do not have the Premier, but would like one. They are for sale on TW for very cheap right now. I own a PLX TE in that length and love it. I have that 6'10"ML matched with 8lb fluoro and a Millionaire CT. I would assume it would be awesome for 1/4oz poppers, I use mine for small cranks that my 7'M mf cranking setup cannot throw, like shad raps and balsa lures. I will say the action is faster though, they do not have a progressive bend. Had a cheaper 6'9"ML TFO casting rod and it was labeled as fast action but very parabolic. These Abu sticks are not that way. Again I don't own that model, but they normally stay very true to action through the price point. Even the $100 Veritas 6'10"ML held the same bend, just worse components and materials/rod weight.

Only warning I would throw out is I am not sure they use brand name guides. I have a ton of Abu rods and they have always been fair for warranties so I wouldn't worry about it. Recently I have actually seen people pop inserts from name brand guides and had unlabeled guides last longer.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:20 am

I have the 6'10ml Regista. It will definitely work well with quarter ounce poppers. The upper 3rd of the blank provides enough cushion to not over work them, yet recovers quickly enough when you want to move them at a little quicker pace. I also use it for light weight with light plastics, such as Flick Shakes that typically get hit on the fall. Tim has more extensive use with this same rod than I do.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:20 pm

_diggy_ wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:14 am
http://tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?t=88205

I remember this thread.
Yeppers read that last night. Thanks for sharing again.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:23 pm

Thanks fellas. I'm also considering the Gen I Phenix Ultra MBX Classic 6'6" L.