Daiwa BLX

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa BLX

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:05 am

dragon1 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:52 am
Koolio Gary, appreciate ya...I'm looking for a rod a bit longer than 7'0" that will handle 1/4 cranks well, but will mostly toss 3/8, and more sensitive than my custom CBR845 (which I prefer for braid + leader for topwaters and lipless). Also, would a TD-ITO balance well on the 73ML+ limber?

I would love to get the same taper and power as my Yamaga Blanks Blue Current III 82B, since that rod is too long to properly wield and cast in the tight surrounds of these Middle Tennessee rivers I frequent...this said the 82B is magical with braid+leader and 1/8-3/8 open trebles and 1/8-1/4 Beetle Spins, inlines, spoons, blade baits.

Thanks again.
You and I are so close geographically these days, it's a shame we haven't had an opportunity to meet up in person yet! I think that's something we should discuss!

If you were able to successfully throw 1/4 oz cranks on that CBR 845, you'll have absolutely NO problem throwing them on the BLX 73ML. It is dead in the zone with 3/8 oz treble hook moving baits. Yes indeed, the TD-Ito is a fantastic match for the 73ML in terms of overall feel and good balance. I've just ordered a few more of these for customers who have purchased them on my recommendation, along with the 74MHRB of course!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa BLX

Post by dragon1 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:40 am

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:05 am
dragon1 wrote:
Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:52 am
Koolio Gary, appreciate ya...I'm looking for a rod a bit longer than 7'0" that will handle 1/4 cranks well, but will mostly toss 3/8, and more sensitive than my custom CBR845 (which I prefer for braid + leader for topwaters and lipless). Also, would a TD-ITO balance well on the 73ML+ limber?

I would love to get the same taper and power as my Yamaga Blanks Blue Current III 82B, since that rod is too long to properly wield and cast in the tight surrounds of these Middle Tennessee rivers I frequent...this said the 82B is magical with braid+leader and 1/8-3/8 open trebles and 1/8-1/4 Beetle Spins, inlines, spoons, blade baits.

Thanks again.
You and I are so close geographically these days, it's a shame we haven't had an opportunity to meet up in person yet! I think that's something we should discuss!

If you were able to successfully throw 1/4 oz cranks on that CBR 845, you'll have absolutely NO problem throwing them on the BLX 73ML. It is dead in the zone with 3/8 oz treble hook moving baits. Yes indeed, the TD-Ito is a fantastic match for the 73ML in terms of overall feel and good balance. I've just ordered a few more of these for customers who have purchased them on my recommendation, along with the 74MHRB of course!
Yeppers, agreed on having to do some fishing together...and other type training as well.

Believe it or not, I can toss 3/16 oz Daiwa Pop Zero on this CB845 with the right mag-finesse reel, but it's not my preferred rod as it tends to overpower the lure. For 1/4 day in and out, I really like a light powered blank like my Lamiglas XMG50 LSJ781 spinning. I'm really wanting to have this rod be the dedicated setup with 15 Defier for mostly 3/8 square bills and cranks like the DT6/DT8 and 3/8 Wiggle Wart, but want more sensitivity and a slight bit faster taper than the 845 since I don't power hookset on treble baits, and with Defier mono that will provide even more line stretch on sweep hooksets. Still, I want a deeper loading blank, and I am guessing the 7'3" length will really help with that as well even though it is more crisp than the Mahogany 845.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."