If you have the same models in the original nrx and nrx+ what differences have you noticed in action/performamce?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
525chill2pull
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

If you have the same models in the original nrx and nrx+ what differences have you noticed in action/performamce?

Post by 525chill2pull » Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:55 pm

Pretty much want to know what differences you have noticed in the older versions and the newer versions. Some reviews have said it feels less noodly, some people have said actions are stiffer, better balanced, better finishing etc. Just want to know your thoughts if you have had a chance to fish both versions. Thanks!

Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: If you have the same models in the original nrx and nrx+ what differences have you noticed in action/performamce?

Post by Cranky » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:02 pm

Also curious on this topic, most specifically for the 852S if anyone has any input.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: If you have the same models in the original nrx and nrx+ what differences have you noticed in action/performamce?

Post by karirick » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:30 pm

The DSR 822 feels stiffer and better for me than the old. More versatile I think. Rated to 3/8 vs the old NRX 1/2oz.

Got the 842S NRX+ and I love how it feels.

both models about .3oz lighter and the reel seat is much more comfortable and alone is the reason I traded up.

The 843C feels good; but I'm ordering the 842C this week.

Bottom line is I think the + models are lighter and more comfortable to hold.

Berely fished the old NRX and it's Winter here so hopefully next Spring I can fish these new + models more and be happy.