Looking for a rod brand that fits a criteria /a rod brand comparison

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
American Esox
Angler
Angler

Looking for a rod brand that fits a criteria /a rod brand comparison

Post by American Esox » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:28 am

I currently use ugly stiks for fishing rods and am thinking about switching to cashion rods as they are 100% handcrafted in North Carolina as my career field got me big in buying made in usa and supporting companies that are 100% made in usa and was wondering if cashion rods are as durable or more then an ugly stik or if there was another fishing rod brand that was 100% made in usa (makes every rod in usa) that are in the same price range as cashion ($130-$200) that in terms of “unbreakable” are as strong or stronger then an ugly stik while also maintaining the same or superior sensativity(For spinning rods)

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Looking for a rod brand that fits a criteria /a rod brand comparison

Post by slipperybob » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:23 am

Like an Ugly Stick but better. Shimano Teramar SE models, but made in China. The TC4 blank construction is tough and yet sensitive. These rods are just over $100. Not sure what the current inflated price is.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

American Esox
Angler
Angler

Post by American Esox » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:38 am

slipperybob wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:23 am
Like an Ugly Stick but better. Shimano Teramar SE models, but made in China. The TC4 blank construction is tough and yet sensitive. These rods are just over $100. Not sure what the current inflated price is.
Any made in usa otherwise it doesnt seem worth spending the extra money

Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Drakestar » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:35 am

American Esox wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:28 am
I currently use ugly stiks for fishing rods and am thinking about switching to cashion rods as they are 100% handcrafted in North Carolina as my career field got me big in buying made in usa and supporting companies that are 100% made in usa and was wondering if cashion rods are as durable or more then an ugly stik or if there was another fishing rod brand that was 100% made in usa (makes every rod in usa) that are in the same price range as cashion ($130-$200) that in terms of “unbreakable” are as strong or stronger then an ugly stik while also maintaining the same or superior sensativity(For spinning rods)
I don’t know what kind of Ugly Stick rods you’re fishing since they have both solid tip models and an actual lowend carbon bass rod line. No rods from any manufacturer will be as durable as solid tip rods, but there are great reasons against solid tip (sensitivity, action…) Just approach the search with the right mindset and expectations.

Cashion are American-made, as are all G Loomis rods (their
GCX line starts above $200, though). Trika is a new company that boasts 100% made in USA, but they’re more expensive, too.

American Esox
Angler
Angler

Post by American Esox » Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:58 am

Drakestar wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:35 am
American Esox wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:28 am
I don’t know what kind of Ugly Stick rods you’re fishing since they have both solid tip models and an actual lowend carbon bass rod line. No rods from any manufacturer will be as durable as solid tip rods, but there are great reasons against solid tip (sensitivity, action…) Just approach the search with the right mindset and expectations.

Cashion are American-made, as are all G Loomis rods (their
GCX line starts above $200, though). Trika is a new company that boasts 100% made in USA, but they’re more expensive, too.
Thank you for telling me about trika
i have the gx2 spinning rod in medium action,medium heavy and heavy
With the amount of asinine things that happens to me and actually having broken an ugly stik though it was a 2 piece it
Should hopefully give you some ideas on why i care about rods with equal or better strength

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:15 pm

I haven't fished an Ugly Stick in many years, but I can't imagine Cashion being anything but an improved overall experience. I believe that ALX is another option, they even roll their own blanks. Keep in mind that even though the made in US rods are assembled here, blanks and components are typically manufactured elsewhere. ALX uses Kigan guides, which I believe are made here, but don't quote me on that. Most rods between your listed price range will use guides, reel seats, etc made in China. I'd look into ALX if you're after the full meal deal.

American Esox
Angler
Angler

Post by American Esox » Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:22 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:15 pm
I haven't fished an Ugly Stick in many years, but I can't imagine Cashion being anything but an improved overall experience. I believe that ALX is another option, they even roll their own blanks. Keep in mind that even though the made in US rods are assembled here, blanks and components are typically manufactured elsewhere. ALX uses Kigan guides, which I believe are made here, but don't quote me on that. Most rods between your listed price range will use guides, reel seats, etc made in China. I'd look into ALX if you're after the full meal deal.
Cashions rods every component is made in usa and thx for the advice about als

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:41 pm

American Esox wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:22 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Perhaps on some models, but Fuji is not an American company. I don't see anywhere that Cashion states all components are manufactured State side, just the blanks and assembly.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:31 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:41 pm
American Esox wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:22 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Perhaps on some models, but Fuji is not an American company. I don't see anywhere that Cashion states all components are manufactured State side, just the blanks and assembly.
Yeppers, agreed.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."