Zodias 7'0 ML Glass Casting Rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Scott804
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Zodias 7'0 ML Glass Casting Rod

Post by Scott804 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:33 pm

Anyone have this rod? What do you think of it?

I just picked it up for smaller crankbaits & maybe 1/4oz minimax chatterbaits.

I haven't seen anyone talk about it really and I am very excited to get out there and see how it performs. I love glass rods and had never seen one rated below medium up until now. Bottom end of the range is 3/16 so I think it should cover most every smaller crankbait I throw.

Westcoast
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Zodias 7'0 ML Glass Casting Rod

Post by Westcoast » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:50 pm

That’s sounds like a great stick to try. I have a kistler in one of their fibreglass tipped rods(reel and feel). It has a down to 3/16th rating as well and it is my go to small crank, squarebill, lipless rod.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:30 am

Interesting, I had the Gen 1 Zodias 7 Med Glass and it was a great rod with braid+leader for slow rolling bigger 1/2-3/4 Rooster Tails over emergent grass, as well as 1/2 - 1 oz wakes. I sold it because it was a bit heavier than I liked for a 7'0", although it loaded beautifully on casts and side sweep hooksets.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:01 am

I have the gen 1 version. I like how well this rod casts lures, especially the 1/4 oz variety that I use. Personally I'm not much of a fan of glass rods, but I decided to try this one as it's labeled ML. I keep trying glass rods, but I just don't have that affinity for them in a sense.

ZDS170MLG 4.52 oz.
ZDC72MLBFSA 4.27 oz.

Since the gen 2 came out with a ML 7'2" graphite rod, that one's been seeing much more use. In weight comparison of a mere .25 ounce difference only, but feeling in casting action the glass rod does feels much more heavy. I nicknamed the 7' ML Glass Zodias rod an upgraded Ugly Stik super Elite. It's like everything I wish an Ugly Stik with some refinements ought to be. That's what this Zodias rod is to me.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish

A kid from Canada
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by A kid from Canada » Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:48 am

Whats the blank diameter compared to a normal zodias. I've got the Zodias 72m/mf which feels nice (haven't fished with it yet) and bought a glass SLX 610ml and the slx is thicker than my heavy rods. If the glass Zodias is more reasonably sized I may pick one up.

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:50 am

It is a little thicker. It may be the equivalent of a standard MH rod.
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish