Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Scuba Scott
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

Post by Scuba Scott » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:24 pm

FMJ 11 inches
BMG 11.5 inches

I think the BMG would work very well for your intended purposes, but will leave that to some of these guys who have fished them for a bit. I was hyper focused on the FMJ and rightfully so, but the BMG is the one that really caught my attention.

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:45 pm

Scuba Scott wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:24 pm
FMJ 11 inches
BMG 11.5 inches

I think the BMG would work very well for your intended purposes, but will leave that to some of these guys who have fished them for a bit. I was hyper focused on the FMJ and rightfully so, but the BMG is the one that really caught my attention.
Thanks for the measurements. Much appreciated.

Scuba Scott
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Scuba Scott » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:50 pm

Craiger12 wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:45 pm
Scuba Scott wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:24 pm
FMJ 11 inches
BMG 11.5 inches

Thanks for the measurements. Much appreciated.
You are welcome!

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:45 pm

Welp...I have an FMJ coming to me this week cause I can't stay off this forum or instagram ever...

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:28 am

M Perry wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:09 pm
The good news is that some models will begin shipping to dealers within the next week or so. The bad news is the Flyssa, Addermine and Javelin models will be delayed a bit.
have there been any updates on when these models, specifically the Flyssa, will be available beyond the "summer 2023" date? been eagerly awaiting these to come out!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:14 am

Canga- wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:28 am
M Perry wrote:
The good news is that some models will begin shipping to dealers within the next week or so. The bad news is the Flyssa, Addermine and Javelin models will be delayed a bit.
have there been any updates on when these models, specifically the Flyssa, will be available beyond the "summer 2023" date? been eagerly awaiting these to come out!
Nope it's still "summer 2023" but that's getting closer and closer all the time. I've been fishing the other models quite a bit and really enjoying them. I'm definitely looking forward to more time with Javelin, Flyssa, and Addermine.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:28 am

bronzefly wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:14 am
Canga- wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:28 am
M Perry wrote:
Nope it's still "summer 2023" but that's getting closer and closer all the time. I've been fishing the other models quite a bit and really enjoying them. I'm definitely looking forward to more time with Javelin, Flyssa, and Addermine.
thanks, hoping they mean early summer and not september! i broke my flyssa last year around this time (totally my fault!) and havent found a rod i like quite as much. also hope they captured the magic of the original with the p5 version.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:00 am

I assure everyone that we want the rods in as much as Megabass customers want them to arrive as we are all anglers ourselves and want to add to our own arsenals as stock is available once orders are filled. l'm closing in on a year of fishing several models and simply put for me they have been a joy to fish. I use the FMJ the most and it has become one of my favorite models of any brand if all time. It is used a lot just about every trip.
I really enjoy the BMG as lot as well. The OneTen Special is not only an incredible 110/jerkbait rod but it excels at topwaters too. I had the pleasure of punching thick grass with big weights using the Jungle Seven and by far it was incredibly impressive. It doesn't feel like a rod it's length and power in hand as it is not fatiguing at all to use all day. I had done some flipping and pitching with it but after a couple of days of punching it blew me away. Just a great all around punching rod. I love the action and it really keeps them pinned. All the power you need as well. Plenty of backbone. I will be adding another to my collection.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:57 pm

Can you guys confirm whether or not these P5s come in a sealed plastic bag with the rod sleeve and rod inside?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:06 pm

godshippy wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:57 pm
Can you guys confirm whether or not these P5s come in a sealed plastic bag with the rod sleeve and rod inside?
They come from the factory in a matching rod bag as pictured below, but they do not come in a sealed plastic bag.

www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:55 am

After reading the BMG review, I'll pass....

"Sensitivity: I feel as though everyone today is looking for electric sensitivity in their fishing rod. Especially if the rod in question is at or above a certain price threshold. At just under $500, the BMG likely meets that threshold for many and if that's your expectation, I can tell you right now those expectations will not be met with the BMG. At the same time, I can also tell you that you will not have any issue sensing the bite with this stick."

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:52 am

I like jarring sensitivity, the kind that scares you when you swim your bait into a rock :doh:

CGrinder
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CGrinder » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:43 am

I chose 71H Valkyrie over BMG as a Magdraft stick. So far, very happy. Thanks Gary :big grin:

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:08 am

_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:52 am
I like jarring sensitivity, the kind that scares you when you swim your bait into a rock :doh:
Me too. Zander mentioned that several times he had a fish on, and the rod feedback was that 'something didn't feel right'. I used to get a lot of those kind of bites before I picked up my first Loomis IMX back in 2002.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:29 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:08 am
_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 10:52 am
Me too. Zander mentioned that several times he had a fish on, and the rod feedback was that 'something didn't feel right'. I used to get a lot of those kind of bites before I picked up my first Loomis IMX back in 2002.
Any rods in the p5 lineup with that jarring sensation? And just curious, what rods are you all referring to that has that level of sensitivity? Thx