Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Have you preordered a mb p5 destroyer?

Post by iabass8 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:38 am

Got my FMJ pre ordered from Gary as well. Hope to see it soon

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:05 pm

Oh wow. I thought the tackle trap closed shop but glad they're still up and running

_diggy_
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by _diggy_ » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:25 am

They're back like Jordan with the 45. Ready for another championship run.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:57 am

_diggy_ wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:25 am
They're back like Jordan with the 45. Ready for another championship run.
Oh man Jordan 45 was a disaster so they might have to take that 23 down from the rafters like what he did :lol:

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by M Perry » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:09 pm

The good news is that some models will begin shipping to dealers within the next week or so. The bad news is the Flyssa, Addermine and Javelin models will be delayed a bit.

bl8ant
Angler
Angler

Post by bl8ant » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:10 pm

M Perry wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:45 am
Dink Whisperer wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:45 am
Man you are living the dream working for Megabass! It sounds like these new rods offer the versatility that I was looking for. I always loved the original FMJ but always wished it was a couple inches longer and now it is.
I am also considering the Mark 56 after the Tackle Tour review. One of my favorite rods of all time right now is the Destroyer Blackjack for swim baits.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to come give your first hand insight on these rods! Everyday I look forward to seeing that email icon pop up saying that mine have shipped. I look forward to hearing more from you after your tournament. Thanks again
I feel same as you about the added length of the new FMJ. I really like that addition.

It's hard to really give my true thoughts as it will sound extremely biased and I know a lot of people feel like they have to take comments from someone associated with a company with a grain of salt. I get that and I respect that.
That being said therevare times no matter the brand that you pick up.a rod for the first time and you just know there is something special about it. That was my experience with the new FMJ. It just has "it" or at least the "it" I like.
I fish a lot of water that is known for big fish and usually a fair amount of cover. I tend to be more of a shallow water power fishermen but I am also pretty versatile. I live for a frog bite.
So far the FMJ, BMG and Jungle Seven have exceeded my expectations thoroughly. I will keep fishing them hard and seeing how they respond.

I did get a quick weight on them on my scale. I added the weight of the Tequila Baccrac on same scale as a comparison.

Tequila Baccrac- 5.17oz
FMJ- 4.46oz
BMG-4.43oz
Jungle Seven- 5.56oz

M Perry, I am looking for a P5 to pitch 3/8-1/2 oz jigs + trailer around laydowns at fairly close quarters from a regular size boat but also a small plastic boat close that sits close to the water line. I almost bit the bullet and ordered a JDM Tachyon Shaft as it seems these applications land right in its wheelhouse but I'm a little nervous going from traditional USDM lengths and tapers to a shorter rod with more parabolic action for bottom contact. Have you used shorter, more moderate tapered JDM rods like the Tachyon for jig work and if so, how do you find it compares to the FMJ for sensitivity?

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:57 am

M Perry wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:09 pm
The good news is that some models will begin shipping to dealers within the next week or so. The bad news is the Flyssa, Addermine and Javelin models will be delayed a bit.
any idea on how long the delay will be with the Flyssa? i broke mine last spring (my fault) and am super excited to get a new one when they come out!

clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by clemsondds » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:26 pm

Canga- wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:57 am
M Perry wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:09 pm
any idea on how long the delay will be with the Flyssa? i broke mine last spring (my fault) and am super excited to get a new one when they come out!
I think I heard around april. Anyone receive their p5 yet? I heard they were suppose to be arriving sometime around now.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:58 pm

Canga- wrote:
Flyssa, Addermine, and Javelin are expected "Summer 2023" at this point.

I was out on the water today with 6 casting models and enjoyed my time thoroughly. I think folks are going to be happy with this new series. Some dealers are set to begin receiving and shipping available models next week, but quantities are limited on this first go around it appears!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by clemsondds » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:30 am

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:58 pm
Canga- wrote:

I was out on the water today with 6 casting models and enjoyed my time thoroughly. I think folks are going to be happy with this new series. Some dealers are set to begin receiving and shipping available models next week, but quantities are limited on this first go around it appears!
Thanks Gary! Got a favorite so far?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:07 am

clemsondds wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:30 am
Thanks Gary! Got a favorite so far?
All of them so far :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Canga-
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Canga- » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:34 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:58 pm
Canga- wrote:

thats unfortunate, hopefully its early summer and not late summer/early fall!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:03 pm

Canga- wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:34 pm
thats unfortunate, hopefully its early summer and not late summer/early fall!
Agreed, it's an unfortunate delay on those three models, two of which were known albeit extended. Megabass chooses to make difficult decisions to ensure their own quality standard, and I appreciate their effort to that end. Fortunately, concerning the 6 casting models that are imminently available, I do believe that folks who get them are going to be pleased. I've fished the Flyssa, Javelin, and Addermine and I think they'll be well received upon their arrival. I'm excited about these 6 casting models and am looking forward to putting in a lot more time with them through the rest of this winter and into the spring and summer!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:21 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:03 pm
I've fished the Flyssa, Javelin, and Addermine and I think they'll be well received upon their arrival.
Gary, will the spinning US P5s come with the JDM handle, or a full foregrip?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:34 pm

reason162 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:21 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:03 pm
I've fished the Flyssa, Javelin, and Addermine and I think they'll be well received upon their arrival.
Gary, will the spinning US P5s come with the JDM handle, or a full foregrip?
Please refer to the prototype phots on the Megabass USA website. These match what I have fished and my photos aren't great :lol:

https://megabassusa.com/product-categor ... er-p5-usa/
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap