new evergreen rod?

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
hookfynn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

new evergreen rod?

Post by hookfynn » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:26 pm

anyone see or have better spy pics of this new evergreen rod brett hites working on? looks like it has a red handle and accents.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: new evergreen rod?

Post by evilcatfish » Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:56 am

I can't find any info on this, was it on social media somewhere?

i_am_R2
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by i_am_R2 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:17 pm

Maybe it's one of the Synergy rods. Think I saw him talk about one of those before.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:21 am

i_am_R2 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:17 pm
Maybe it's one of the Synergy rods. Think I saw him talk about one of those before.
I was thinking this too, or the leopard he is so fond of is red as well.

If it is a new evergreen USA series, I hope they replace the acs reel seat with an ecs. I like the usa rods but could never get used to the acs. I really enjoyed the gizmo special rod as well, would’ve kept it if it had a forward type grip like the other spinning rods

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:18 am

evilcatfish wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:21 am
i_am_R2 wrote:

If it is a new evergreen USA series, I hope they replace the acs reel seat with an ecs. I like the usa rods but could never get used to the acs. I really enjoyed the gizmo special rod as well, would’ve kept it if it had a forward type grip like the other spinning rods
I follow Brett Hite Fishing on Instagram and he hasn't mentioned anything about either new Evergreen USA rods or a "red" rod he is using so I'm certain it's either a Synergy or the Leopard rod that is being referenced by the OP.

I also agree that I prefer the ECS reel set far more than the ACS reel seat. All of my custom-built casting rods feature the ECS reel seat exclusively and of course, all of the EG Kaleido Inspirare, Orion, and Phase rods that I own feature the ECS reel seat as well.

Please have a great day!
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:48 pm

City17Banner wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:18 am
evilcatfish wrote:
i_am_R2 wrote:

I follow Brett Hite Fishing on Instagram and he hasn't mentioned anything about either new Evergreen USA rods or a "red" rod he is using so I'm certain it's either a Synergy or the Leopard rod that is being referenced by the OP.

I also agree that I prefer the ECS reel set far more than the ACS reel seat. All of my custom-built casting rods feature the ECS reel seat exclusively and of course, all of the EG Kaleido Inspirare, Orion, and Phase rods that I own feature the ECS reel seat as well.

Please have a great day!
He has it up on his Instagram now, looks like a limited edition jackhammer rod. Kind of ugly looking…

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:27 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:48 pm
City17Banner wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:18 am
evilcatfish wrote:
i_am_R2 wrote:

Please have a great day!
He has it up on his Instagram now, looks like a limited edition jackhammer rod. Kind of ugly looking…
Thank for the heads up! I just saw that come through on his IG feed. I'm not giving up my EG Dire Wolf casting rods, besides the awful looking reel seat on the "Super Combat Stick" looks like it would hurt to use for any amount of time! :doh:
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

gopokes12
Angler
Angler

Post by gopokes12 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:30 am

The blank looks huge for not being glass but I kind of want to try it.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:54 pm

I knew they were coming out with a new Jack Hammer rod a few months ago when I talked to Ben from THUT. I was asking why he didn't stock JDM Evergreen rods and he let the cat out of the bag by accident. It might be worth trying. There's not many rods out there for $450 that have titanium Fuji guides.

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:58 pm

HobeyBaker wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:54 pm
I knew they were coming out with a new Jack Hammer rod a few months ago when I talked to Ben from THUT. I was asking why he didn't stock JDM Evergreen rods and he let the cat out of the bag by accident. It might be worth trying. There's not many rods out there for $450 that have titanium Fuji guides.
Did he say anything about the JDM EG rods when you asked? Considering some of the other JDM rods they've brought over, I thought EGs may come eventually

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:07 pm

evilcatfish wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:58 pm
HobeyBaker wrote:
Did he say anything about the JDM EG rods when you asked? Considering some of the other JDM rods they've brought over, I thought EGs may come eventually
He didn’t. I’d guess they’re very hard to source in quantities.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:41 am

evilcatfish wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:
Evergreen released a limited edition JackHammer rod for the Classic. Brett Hite put it on his FB page

evilcatfish
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by evilcatfish » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:28 am

Johnny A wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:41 am
evilcatfish wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:
Evergreen released a limited edition JackHammer rod for the Classic. Brett Hite put it on his FB page
Yep, thats the one we are discussing. Wish he'd chose a different reel seat