Preferred Wacky Rig Setup? NRX/Megabass

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
clemsondds
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Preferred Wacky Rig Setup? NRX/Megabass

Post by clemsondds » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:14 am

PotatoLake wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:50 am
clemsondds wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:09 am
PotatoLake wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:13 pm
X-bites
LOL no joke, I took a finesse jig off my x-bites last night and rigged up a weightless senko to give it a try. Then I saw your comment so good timing. I also rigged up my NRX 803 spinning wacky as well...to compare the two.
I'll use spinning when I use a trick worm wacky rigged, but I've found I just flat out enjoy using my x-bites rod for all weightless plastic presentations when using a little bit heavier plastic w/good salt amount. So which one did you end up preferring?
Well...both. lol. I had a bush about 15 ft away from the shore and I was tryin to skip under it. I was much more accurate and consistent with the xbites over the 803 spinning. the 803 of course was easier to skip but just unpredictable in where it would precisely go. But the 803 is quite a bit more sensitive. Distance wise, they were about the same surprisingly. I think I'm going to try a shorter NRX casting rod and see how that does. But I did catch a 2lb with the xbites within a couple minutes ha...so that was fun.

rubs96
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rubs96 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:29 am

Weightless senko (4”-5”) = 893c (GLX, E6X, NRX)
I love the 7’5” length and MH power for throwing senkos. Long casts… power… my choice when fishing around docks with light weeds, shallow water and reeds.

Wacky senko (4”-5”) = medium/medium-heavy power spinning rod
I don’t throw it wacky style unless t-rigged isn’t working! I’m fishing open deep water with very limited cover/structure - spinning setup is perfect for me.

3” senko = medium-light spinning rod (7’6”)

paul19057
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by paul19057 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:05 pm

Steez Megatop rod and a yellow Pixzilla.
Lots of fun.
Paul