Evergreen JDM Topwater rod

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Evergreen JDM Topwater rod

Post by goldrod » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:18 pm

I have been looking at the moonGazer and Stargazer rod but not really sure which one to drop as the medhvy was said to be more like a med and I DO NOT WANT A MED. so i started looking at the Grand cobra RS limited and the Grand cobra GT
Rod will be for only popmax primiarily and i will venture out from there.

I may have talked about this before but i dont recall and would like some feedback. i nearly pulled the trigger on both gazers but right now i have only need of one rod
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Evergreen JDM Topwater rod

Post by Cal » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:32 pm

goldrod wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:18 pm

Flirting with some karma there looking for an Evergreen rod to primarily throw a Megabass bait πŸ˜†
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:37 pm

Cal wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:32 pm
Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:18 pm

Flirting with some karma there looking for an Evergreen rod to primarily throw a Megabass bait πŸ˜†
lol, yeah you right.. :lol: :lol:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:06 am

So call me crazy but I’m missing a rod from off my rack and after that discovery I picked up my dire wolf RS
I had forgotten about it. I had nearly become disinterested in fishing due to the work lad and school work load. I felt so compressed but now after completing two hard class I’m getting back to my passion

Anyway I may get another dire Wolf rs and get a stallion which is 6’9”
Just because I really liked the wolf esp over my daiwa top gun but they are for different purposes

City17Banner
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by City17Banner » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:02 pm

I hope you find the EG Dire Wolf to be great for presenting your Pop Max topwater poppers!

I always feel like I am risking karmic overload whenever I use my Sedition SDC-69HR-BMF Hooligans to present my Deps Buzzjets and Nishine Lure Works Abino 110Fs but that wonderful combination of power and smoothness always relegates my old school MB Otomat into the rod locker whenever the smallmouth bass decide they want to bite topwater lures. :laugh1:
2022 Vexus VX20/Mercury 250 Pro XS | 2021 Vexus AVX 1980/Mercury 150 Pro XS

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:37 am

City17Banner wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:02 pm
I hope you find the EG Dire Wolf to be great for presenting your Pop Max topwater poppers!

I always feel like I am risking karmic overload whenever I use my Sedition SDC-69HR-BMF Hooligans to present my Deps Buzzjets and Nishine Lure Works Abino 110Fs but that wonderful combination of power and smoothness always relegates my old school MB Otomat into the rod locker whenever the smallmouth bass decide they want to bite topwater lures. :laugh1:

I had the Otomat and imho the price point is too high

I am undecided and will probably just get on the water
I do like my Adrena for topwater stuff

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:55 pm

What kind of topwaters? Small poppers or oversized crawlers?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:36 pm

Johnny A wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:55 pm

1/2oz popmax
I just left a local tackle store and they have a shimano expride b 3/16-3/4oz but shimano's website does not have that spec for a medlight rod ..

just on a whim i just purchased a the stallion limited RS just to see what its like,,I have three steez reels on the shelf, steez limited, steez a II and steez A

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:53 pm

Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:36 pm

1/2oz popmax
I just left a local tackle store and they have a shimano expride b 3/16-3/4oz but shimano's website does not have that spec for a medlight rod ..

just on a whim i just purchased a the stallion limited RS just to see what its like,,I have three steez reels on the shelf, steez limited, steez a II and steez A

Just picked up an EG Wildshooter for crankin', wanted something they could toss the Blitz Magnum EX DR and was glancing at the EG Sharpshooter for larger topwaters. Have to add a few new houses to the paper route to be able to swing it though, give me a little thinking time.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:20 pm

Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:53 pm
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:36 pm

1/2oz popmax

Just picked up an EG Wildshooter for crankin', wanted something they could toss the Blitz Magnum EX DR and was glancing at the EG Sharpshooter for larger topwaters. Have to add a few new houses to the paper route to be able to swing it though, give me a little thinking time.
Yeah I hear you
I’ll probably get rid of some reels that are just sitting around
Maybe even my dead sword

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:07 pm

I ended up getting the Stallion Limited RS

Of all the reels i have used the Steez A II with a 1016 RCS spool is the best for the sunline Defier.
This is probably the best and most versatile rod I have ever owned. Its one of those rods you have when you cant have alot of technique specific rods. It is a pop max , green fish tackle TAT , evergreen JT, megabass diamante , jerkbaits , pointer 100, duo Realis 110, raid japan level minnow just to name a few things.

the rod is plenty sensitive and what i have found that i love about it is the handle length in beyond the reel seat.
that is probably the most important thing for this rods as it lets you cast all sorts of ways
I have the EG cougar and this is more of a Pointer 100 rod and the cougar is more of a vision 110 rod.