A sword to cut pads

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

A sword to cut pads

Post by goldrod » Mon May 15, 2023 8:49 pm

I have not mastered the art of swim jigs nor do I purposely go after a rod because it is diverse or multipurpose. And I don’t ever want to give you information prematurely so with all that being said

If your looking for a swim jig rod the Gan craft dead sword is a rod that I have found can do alot of things but since I have been using it for fishing swimming jigs my frequency of getting bit , size of the bass and just overall land ratio has gotten so good that I have to share. You will not be disappointed
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: A sword to cut pads

Post by dragon1 » Mon May 15, 2023 9:21 pm

Dang...while those Gan Craft rods are incredible pieces, but not necessarily easy to acquire either.

How does the blank perform in comparison to say other known Megabass, Evergreen, or a GLoomis or Daiwa rod? Also, what line are you using, and what reel?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Mon May 15, 2023 10:27 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:21 pm
Dang...while those Gan Craft rods are incredible pieces, but not necessarily easy to acquire either.

How does the blank perform in comparison to say other known Megabass, Evergreen, or a GLoomis or Daiwa rod? Also, what line are you using, and what reel?
Man I absolutely love this rod especially because it just has not failed to come through. I still throw swimbaits on it hard and soft but I’ve also caught brutes on the evoke 120 with it and on a whim I started throwing some JDM swimming jigs with various trailers. Just the right amount to top section and even though it FEELS STOUT ( it doesn’t have power make no mistake about it) it has an that allows fish to take the lure and the rod will bow to the fish while the power pulls the fish in. I’m extremely happy with this 7’1” rod

Sensitivity wise it’s not an off the charts sensitive rod but I know wha the lure is doing and especially since fishing a swim jig I know if the cover is grass are some hard stuff.
Compared to and evergreen it’s not evergreen sensitive but it’s not a bottom contact rod either
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:58 am

goldrod wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 10:27 pm
dragon1 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 9:21 pm

Man I absolutely love this rod especially because it just has not failed to come through. I still throw swimbaits on it hard and soft but I’ve also caught brutes on the evoke 120 with it and on a whim I started throwing some JDM swimming jigs with various trailers. Just the right amount to top section and even though it FEELS STOUT ( it doesn’t have power make no mistake about it) it has an that allows fish to take the lure and the rod will bow to the fish while the power pulls the fish in. I’m extremely happy with this 7’1” rod

Sensitivity wise it’s not an off the charts sensitive rod but I know wha the lure is doing and especially since fishing a swim jig I know if the cover is grass are some hard stuff.
Compared to and evergreen it’s not evergreen sensitive but it’s not a bottom contact rod either
I'm thinking that my TKIC Super Stallion would do heavier 1/2 + Swimjigs well, for 1/4 I like a med power with braid or the very special taper of the Lamiglas Infinity 873, although 3/8-1/2 falls into the wheelhouse of the LWL Super Diablo II very well.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."