Fuji TCH reel seat

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
BrettTRay
Angler
Angler

Fuji TCH reel seat

Post by BrettTRay » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:05 am

Anyone on here used the Fuji TCH reel seats? Looks like there isn’t much info on them other than Japanese sites but had a previous generation JDM Black Label 7’ 1-8oz swimbait rod that had foam handle and a reel seat I absolutely hated. It was before they came out with the Daiwa Air Sensor reel seats that I love. Put cork split grip on it with TCH reel seat in a size 15. Absolutely love it but curious what others think of it.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Fuji TCH reel seat

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:15 pm

Looks similar to the ECS. What's the difference?

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:49 am

Just looked it up and it says they're made of a titanium, high modulus carbon mix. 🤷

BrettTRay
Angler
Angler

Post by BrettTRay » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:56 pm

Extremely rigid seat unlike the nylon seats of the past like ECS and ACS, bueatiful, lightweight, and more comfortable to my style than the ECS/ACS. If you like Daiwa’s Air seats you’ll like the TCH. I’ve only seen a few rods made with this brand new seat. Only place I could find one to buy was overseas. If you’d like pics of the rod send me your email address in private messenger. iPhone 14 I guess takes to big of pics for the forum unless I can figure out how to post them

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:44 am

BrettTRay wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:56 pm
Extremely rigid seat unlike the nylon seats of the past like ECS and ACS, bueatiful, lightweight, and more comfortable to my style than the ECS/ACS. If you like Daiwa’s Air seats you’ll like the TCH. I’ve only seen a few rods made with this brand new seat. Only place I could find one to buy was overseas. If you’d like pics of the rod send me your email address in private messenger. iPhone 14 I guess takes to big of pics for the forum unless I can figure out how to post them
Hey we all want to see those pics :D

When you select the pictures, on the bottom right corner you can select the size to upload before pressing add. The original size obviously is too big but „big / large“ (my iPhone isn’t set to English so I’m not sure) is just small enough for the image hosting here. They quality will be reduced significantly but hey…

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:55 pm

Just use postimages.org
Heres a black snake I caught inside my workplace and relocated to the woods behind the plant.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:08 pm

I fail to see how a Titanium hood cover (like the many stainless that proceeded it) is to be that much better and at $250 a seat?

Is this a new current day Shimano Ci4 to Ci4+ and the 250% stronger statement?

dennis_rf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dennis_rf » Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:09 am

Slazmo wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:08 pm
I fail to see how a Titanium hood cover (like the many stainless that proceeded it) is to be that much better and at $250 a seat?
$250? They are 55 bucks on eBay. RRP ¥6000 + VAT in Japan. So $45-50ish. Still five times as expensive compared to what I normally use.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:59 pm

They just came up on that Google sales banner all at that rough price, maybe regional as everything is heaps more expensive at the ass end of space.