New Zillion Rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Zillion Rods

Post by MeatHead » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:11 pm

Does anyone know if it's the same blank as the Steez rods or the new Tatula elites? Seen them available at a few online retailers and a couple models have me very intrigued.

webertime
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by webertime » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:24 pm

My 75 mhh will be here next week. I know tatulas don't have that model. But steez tatula and zillion all say svf, nano, x45, which would indicate they're all the same but we all know that's not the case. This should be clarified by the classic I imagine.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:16 pm

Was looking at the specs on these today because I found the glass composite ones intriguing and noticed they have alconite guide train? Really??? $300+ rod series with alconite guides? thats sad. I remember the rebellions could be had for $150 and even they had SS/SIC guides

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:20 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:16 pm
Was looking at the specs on these today because I found the glass composite ones intriguing and noticed they have alconite guide train? Really??? $300+ rod series with alconite guides? thats sad. I remember the rebellions could be had for $150 and even they had SS/SIC guides
I'm sure it's a typo and they are sic. I saw one at a tackle shop yesterday and it's gmlkwsg doubles and gmktsg runners. It was a 73mh casting rod and the blank definitely felt a lil crisper/tighter side by side comparison with new tatula elite 73mh.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:36 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
https://www.daiwa.com/us/contents/rods/ ... index.html

they're sic

MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MeatHead » Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 am

Chode wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:36 pm
Firstoutfisher wrote:

they're sic
That doesn't link to the new Zillion rods, it links to the old ones without the mq handle. These are the new Zillions
https://daiwa.us/collections/rods/produ ... llion-rods
What's confusing is at the top when talking about guides it states sic inserts, yet in the spec sheet for all rods it states alconite.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:39 am

MeatHead wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 am
Chode wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:

they're sic
That doesn't link to the new Zillion rods, it links to the old ones without the mq handle. These are the new Zillions
What's confusing is at the top when talking about guides it states sic inserts, yet in the spec sheet for all rods it states alconite.
that's my bad. thx for the correction

MeatHead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by MeatHead » Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:13 pm

Chode wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:39 am
MeatHead wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:23 am
Chode wrote:
Firstoutfisher wrote:

they're sic
that's my bad. thx for the correction
No worries. I've sent an email to Daiwa inquiring about which guides are being used on the new Zillions. Hopefully they reply.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:37 pm

They are Fuji K-Frame Alconite guides.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:14 am

bronzefly wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:37 pm
Even though some people expect TiSic or at least SS SiC on $300+ rods, the blanks used in this series are impressive. They feature "Super Volume Fiber" SVF Nanoplus for the standard models, and SVF Glass for the Flex Lite models from the beloved Toray company.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:06 am

bronzefly wrote:
That's disappointing to hear, could have sworn they were sic, may be because i always thought fuji didn't make lkw frames with alconites. Sorry for the misinfo. I think i would take tatula elite ags over the zillion rod, IMO better values and more "fun"

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:23 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Must not be the titanium alconites. I thought Fuji stopped producing those. I've never had an issue with alconites myself. Still have a handful of customs with them. Blank is much more important to me.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:28 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:23 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Must not be the titanium alconites. I thought Fuji stopped producing those. I've never had an issue with alconites myself. Still have a handful of customs with them. Blank is much more important to me.
Nothing wrong with alconite guides however at a certain price point higher end components are expected. As is the only thing justifying this price point are the blanks, which in my opinion isn't saying much because Daiwa is not super transparent with what is going on with thier blanks.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:35 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:28 pm
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:23 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Nothing wrong with alconite guides however at a certain price point higher end components are expected. As is the only thing justifying this price point are the blanks, which in my opinion isn't saying much because Daiwa is not super transparent with what is going on with thier blanks.
Agreed. Fuji K-Frame Alconite guides are more than sufficient for a quality bass fishing rod. Expectations versus reality are often two different things as we know, and we also know expectations vary greatly :lol: The guides are higher end on the Rebellion series, but the blanks on the new Zillion rods are higher end, that's plain to feel. If Daiwa chooses to be more transparent about their materials, they will. Personally, I'd rather have Aconites on a higher end blank than TiSiC on a lower end blank, even for $100+ more. To each their own of course!

I have a few of the new Zillion rods now and have enjoyed them in the limited time on the water I have with them. I'm looking forward to more time with them soon. That 610MHRB Flex Lite is one heck of a 1/2 oz Jack Hammer rod :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:04 pm

Yeppers...SS Alconites on the '24 Zillion v. SS SIC on the Rebellion is a noticeable difference, however the blank upgrade on the Zillion makes it more than a fair compromise, it would be even more attractive at the $300 price point.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."