What’s up with Kistler rods??

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

What’s up with Kistler rods??

Post by Hennessy » Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:01 am

Haven’t been on their site in years. Just happened to see all their rods are on discount & the Z-bone is less than $350, which I think is a steal. I’ve always thought they were 2nd to the Nrx but above the daiwa Steez in sensitivity/lightweight, I’ve had & fished all 3. Currently have all NRX+ models, but at that price I’m definitely adding a few models to my arsenal

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: What’s up with Kistler rods??

Post by doomtrprz71 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:48 pm

On sale for 25th anniversary I think, but since the zbone has the same blank as the helium it doesn't have the same alure to me anymore.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:44 pm

Kisler is moving on to yet another blank manufacturer. Dedicated thread on it.

sbd3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by sbd3 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:24 am

They are not changing blank suppliers again that I’m aware of, the other thread is in regard to the recently added nitranium series which uses a US made blank rather than the Korean sourced blanks that’s used for the rest of the lines.

As for the their pricing they’ve gone to a smoke and mirror show that involves an inflated retail price with frequent sales. They are a good value at the sale prices imo, I own 3 heliums.

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:07 am

Eh, they are ridiculous with their pricing. Everything is so over priced. Then they occasionally have "BIG" sales to bring them down to a decent price. They've been so up and down the last few years changing around blanks, then raising prices, then changing the list price because it was too high. I gave up on kistler years ago, sold all I had and replaced them all with Loomis.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:46 pm

montey wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:07 am
Eh, they are ridiculous with their pricing. Everything is so over priced. Then they occasionally have "BIG" sales to bring them down to a decent price. They've been so up and down the last few years changing around blanks, then raising prices, then changing the list price because it was too high. I gave up on kistler years ago, sold all I had and replaced them all with Loomis.
I was going to get one for a non bottom contact application, even under $300 I decided to pass. I didn’t realize they had changed the zbone blanks