Spacers to fit a TD-Z 103 spool in a Fuego?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
WishinIwerFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Spacers to fit a TD-Z 103 spool in a Fuego?

Post by WishinIwerFishin » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:52 am

I just got a spare 103 spool and want to put it in a Fuego... Is there a source for spacers to fit it to the Fuego frame? I have a buddy who is a machinish but would rather just get some already made up if possible. I thought I saw something about ZPI making them but can't find anything.

RGMatt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Spacers to fit a TD-Z 103 spool in a Fuego?

Post by RGMatt » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:01 am

The spacers that I mentioned in the "sol spacer thread" , that were made by ZPI, were to accept the pixy/presso spool. They had 2 sizes, 1 for the pixy spool in a zillion (should fit fuego as well) and 1 for the pixy spool in the steez/TDZ. ZPI doesn't have them on their site anymore and Plat told me they are discontinued.

you can put a TDZ100m spool for the fuego.

WishinIwerFishin
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by WishinIwerFishin » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 am

Ahh.. I remember now, it was for the pixy spool..... Maybe I'll just sell the 103 spool and buy another PE long cast or HLC spool for the fuego then. Thanks!

mundo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mundo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:26 pm

I have a few of those spacers, please let me know if you want a set because I will be sending the spacers for the sol/alphas in the next few days.
As already mentioned, you can also use a Zillion spool in any of its variations or a TDZ100m spool.

Mundo