Steez Limited 105 paint ?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez Limited 105 paint ?

Post by LowRange » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:26 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:13 pm
I have two of them no paint issues
However the old Shimano mg7 the JDM version I got someone to put a clear coat on it. It was slicker when wet than water is on oil.
Just something I to think about.
Do you fish yours? What do you do to keep them looking new? Tempted to offload mine to a collector for $400 but not sure they are worth that now with all the newer Steez on the market. It's on a jerkbait stick that gets used early then put away for months then maybe comes out again in October then is put away again. Maybe I can keep it mint and play the long game and be one of the last minty Steez LTDs out there. Last man standing Steez LTD.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:43 pm

LowRange wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:26 pm
goldrod wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:13 pm
I have two of them no paint issues
However the old Shimano mg7 the JDM version I got someone to put a clear coat on it. It was slicker when wet than water is on oil.
Just something I to think about.
Do you fish yours? What do you do to keep them looking new? Tempted to offload mine to a collector for $400 but not sure they are worth that now with all the newer Steez on the market. It's on a jerkbait stick that gets used early then put away for months then maybe comes out again in October then is put away again. Maybe I can keep it mint and play the long game and be one of the last minty Steez LTDs out there. Last man standing Steez LTD.

I do fish mine
I use reel covers but out side of that just making sure no weights hit them.
But same as I do for all reels. Enjoy it man. If it peels use it even more
You will never get what you put into it anyways. That’s about the only Steez reel that I feel that way about.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:16 am

Get it ceramic "cerakote" coated, there is a atmospheric cure version than needing it baked on.

Tigerbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tigerbass » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:52 pm

If you are not fishing tournaments (or heck, even if you are) just take the extra 5 seconds to put a reel cover on it before putting it on the deck. I’m sure it is boat rash that starts the issue. I have three of them and love those reels. But I don’t fish tournaments.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:19 pm

I saw some Japanese youtubers with the newer steez limited and the paint is peeling almost as much. What a useless pain job by daiwa.