Spinning Reel Advise

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LavenderBirch
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Spinning Reel Advise

Post by LavenderBirch » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:37 am

I'm in the market for a new spinning reel but I cannot decide on the size. The only reel I've ever owned is a 20 year old Shimano something-something 2000. I fish almost exclusively from shore in fresh water rivers and lakes. I want a versatile reel for targetting lots of species but mostly rainbow and bass and I'll be using it with a 7' medium action Ugly Stik GX2.

As you can probably tell from my 20 y/o Shimano reel I don't mind keeping my gear for a long time - so I want to spend a little extra to get something fairly nice. Any opinions on the Pflueger Supreme XT 30 or 35?appvalley tutuapp tweakbox
Last edited by LavenderBirch on Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

RayneStorm
Angler
Angler

Re: Spinning Reel Advise

Post by RayneStorm » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:57 pm

What rod power and length are you using now, or plan on getting? I can make suggestions better with knowing that.