Queens for the Shelf

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Queens for the Shelf

Post by goldrod » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:15 am

Some people abhor the term “Shelf Queen “ but now more than ever I see a need to have a few. I’m a fan of SavageGeese when I thought about one of his videos where he speaks about Affordability Accessibility Reliability of cars
I reminisced my recent visit to the Daiwa page of reels on tackle warehouse.
At one time there were a few tws reel now all the reels are tws and so I said wow that was fast. I may seriously end up getting a new zillion as my first tws reel but is there any other none tws option? What about price everything has seemingly skyrocketed in price but it’s been creeping up the entire time.

Reliability is the last hurdle and it’s one that I’ve been paying attention to particular TT’ers and TT reviews that have given me the information I need to make decisions on what not to buy. Not because it’s not a good product but the quality of components inside the reel may have been compromised or identical to a reel of lesser value in which in my opinion makes no sense especially considering the price tag.

All that being said the TDZ remains king of my cast and I have found myself putting OG zillions, Chronarch D7 on the shelf as well. Both problem free reels that where accessible.

So my point is when you consider all these things what reels ( and rods ) are you putting on the shelf? I say rods because there are a couple USDM market rods that I never contemplated selling because of the well known performance of a particular model in the line up.

Let me know what you think about this topic?
Have a great day today and be grateful for life. Some people didn’t wake up this morning that had plans and intended to carry them out. Doesn’t make sense until it hits close to home.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible