Tatula limited release date?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula limited release date?

Post by bronzefly » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:46 am

johnD wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:37 am
I understand it's not going anywhere. But , they could at least change it up mechanically. I guess that's what I was trying to say. Like the elite , I couldn't tell no difference in performance from the ct or the 100 , other than my wallet was about $100 lighter over a ct or 100 purchase.
It's surprising to hear that you couldn't tell a difference between the Elite and the CT or 100. I can very easily and noticeably out cast my CT with significantly more ease using the Elite. It also feels more solid in my hands, more rigid and a bit more refined. But hey, as you wrote, there are LOTS of Tatula models to choose from and this new one is going to be sweet :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:52 am

Feeling more rigid was meh ,imo. I change all of my spool bearings and use tsi 321,probably why I didn't see any difference in casting distance. Either way ,I can agree to disagree. Take care Gary ,I hope to see y'all at the shop in the fall. Gonna try to get up there and wet a line... ;)

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:55 am

Absolutely - hopefully the fall bite will be good out in the grass and you'll make it by the shop, maybe even in time to check out this newest Tatula. On the reels, I'd say that would help level the playing field but I haven't tried upgrading the bearings on the CT, or the Elite for that matter. I fish them stock as long as possible so I know what to expect...
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:57 am

johnD wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:21 am
I'm a daiwa fan 100% , that's all I fish. But ,daiwa and the tatula is like the c-vid and the main stream media...they just can't let it go. At least throw a free floating spool in it.
Kind of covered already by Bronze, but just wanted to re-iterate, the free floating spool is an option if you move up in classification. This is the same with all manufacturers. Availability of advanced features step up as you step up in tiers. If they put a free floating spool in the Tatula, it will cease to be a Tatula. It will be a Zillion... ;)
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 am

bronzefly wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:36 am
Finnz922 wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:55 am
Before the hate. When will the Tatula limited be available to purchase?
You knew that wouldn't take long :lol:

I'll get one myself without a doubt. In a few years, I think this one will be sought after and in demand much like the Tatula Sterling. It is noticeably different than the standard version. It features an aluminum handle side plate (like Tatula Elite LC and P/F), 90mm custom carbon handle, Zaion knobs, aluminum drag, and a nice color, not to mention it's a one time limited production run. All of those factors warrant the $100 premium over the standard production model as far as I'm concerned. Regardless of what anyone thinks, these are going to sell and they are going to be popular.
The Daiwa site doesn't say it has an aluminum handle side plate. Did you see it somewhere else?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:58 am

montey wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 am
The Daiwa site doesn't say it has an aluminum handle side plate. Did you see it somewhere else?
I talk to the folks at Daiwa from time to time and they confirmed that the reel does have an aluminum handle side plate.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

E73Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by E73Bass » Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:59 pm

What will be the key differences between the new Steez 70 vs the previous Steez CT 700 model?

Line capacity is the same .

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:52 am

E73Bass wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:59 pm
What will be the key differences between the new Steez 70 vs the previous Steez CT 700 model?

Line capacity is the same .
The KEY difference in my opinion is that new 21 Steez will have a 5 year Executive Service plan like Exist LT. The Tackle Trap will be one of the first certified to offer Executive Service on the new Steez CT. That's a huge deal - 5 year warranty, free priority cleaning/service at authorized service centers, and priority return shipping. Exist LT customers know how great this works out and we see a lot of very happy return customers utilizing this program.

A 7:1 gear option, a 90mm handle, larger knobs, and Hyper Drive gears are also featured on the newest version, and it is a US only reel. I'm definitely in on a couple to start and am looking forward to them this fall!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap