Steez A vs Zillion tw vs Morethan PE 1000 tws

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Steez A vs Zillion tw vs Morethan PE 1000 tws

Post by goldrod » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:30 am

Anyone have all three?
I wanted to know how smooth the Morethan was and is it the better buy since the USDM zillion has a brass gear and not made in Japan and the JDM version has a aluminum gear ? I’m interested in casting comparisons as well ?

Personally I’m looking for a new frogging reel and was looking at the zillion but the later I stay up the more ideas start to sizzle in my brain pan.

The Morethan in 7:1:1 seems like it’s more interesting to me but that’s just me, anyone compare it to the Steez A tws reels?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez A vs Zillion tw vs Morethan PE 1000 tws

Post by LowRange » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:04 am

The bronze gear 8.6:1 more than is supposed to be the smoothest thing out there. The 7:1 is aluminum and considered less smooth to equally smooth compared to the new Zillion with aluminum gears depending on who you talk to.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:40 pm

I have the jdm zillion in 6.3, a steez tw (not a) in 6.3 and 7.1. The new zillion, under load, is the smoothest reel I've used. Probably makes no difference in smoothness, but i do have my zillion upgrades to 12 ball bearings.

Jnkoepp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jnkoepp » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:15 pm

I have a jdm 8.1 Steez A, morethan 8.4, and jdm zillion 7. I use the Morethan for frogging. Got any specific questions just let me know

bbates3
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbates3 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:52 am

I have the brass gear 8 spped Morethan, steez a and the new Zillions

I see no real benefit to get the 7 speed morethan, unless you like the colors.

when i can i typically will opt for a brass gear

I haven't fished the morethan in a little bit but don't remember it being any smoother than the zillion

here lately i am really digging the new zillion, i am building a new frog rod now and it will run a zillion