Lauda Reels from MB

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Lauda Reels from MB

Post by goldrod » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:41 pm

Not alot of information on these things.. I seen the one with the yellow thumb bar and looks pretty neat but than I ran across the 72 limited and it looks just as good. Problem is I can't find prices of the old ones to know if its worth getting the ones I see listed for sale.

Were these reels better than the alpha platform from which they are based off of?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Lauda Reels from MB

Post by SSS » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:21 am

I've had the standard black lauda. Its a better looking alphas sv. Smoothness and casting distance was exactly the same.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lauda Reels from MB

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:14 pm

Same performance and internals as the standard Alphas SV. They do look good. I had the Green Illusion Lauda. When 1st introduced, the msrp was around 400 bucks if I remember correctly.