Tamed my Steez Ex

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tamed my Steez Ex

Post by Mang » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:48 am

So I took my T3 magnets and put them in the Steez Ex which has a MB honeycomb spool. (Granted I've had these reels over 5 years). With the stock brakes it would always be at 10 with alot of thumbing still. Now I can have it at 4 and adjust as I go. Totally different beast now with the MB spool. If you have the older mb spool like the IS, it should work to and help with the casting. With the old Steez brakes I put them in the T3 and it still cast just as good. If your thinking about doing this try the inner magnet 1st. Use a razor blade to edge the magnets then use a needle tool and pry the edges as you go. Be very careful the magnets can break.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tamed my Steez Ex

Post by Mang » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:13 pm

Omg my T3 is a totally different animal now. If you like 1016 in a steez. Wait till you try it with the steez magnets combine with the 3d. It's like the 1016 in a steez but with 3d. Totally different animal. But ya the MB spool I can cast that hard asf now. Before a ran stock bearing because the Hedge hog bfs bearing were to damn fast. Now we shall see with them back in there. Loving these og's more and more now

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:05 am

Do you happen to have any pictures? This is a good idea. Since i am big fan of R and R+ spools with dry ceramic hybrid bearings, the OG steez is simply unusable with fluoro, and not so great with braid. This is a mod i might want to do.

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:25 am

Ignore the sloppy glue i used on the T3
1st pic is with steez mags on t3 stideplate
2nd pic is with top showing stock steez side plates with stock mags and the bottom is with the t3 mags
3rd pic is a closer look at the t3 mags in steez

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:17 pm

Thanks for pics. So are the magnets an exact fit?

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:10 am

Diameter the exact fit. T3 tad taller

Mang
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mang » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:54 am

@SSS let us know how you like that mod. I think you gonna like it alot