TD-Z Spool Options

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: TD-Z Spool Options

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:41 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:57 pm
goldrod wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:50 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:00 am
bassmaster_flex wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:36 pm
The 1016 was weird for me. Bought it for a TDZ103ML I got from Japan and it sucked. Casts were worse than stock. Like it would just hit a wall and stop. Thought it was a bad spool or something. Swapped it into another TDZ I had and it’s awesome. Zings 3/8oz chatterbaits far. Don’t know what it is but left it in that reel and been happy with it ever since.
That
Sounds like you either ha e a bad bearing or the magnet ring has broken loose from the base. Both of those problems are in the palm sideplate.
I’ve actually had this happen to me and it was the magnets.
That 1016 spool in my TDZ R+ just works and distance isn’t an issue
I would suggest a careful inspection of that side plate.

I pulled out the side plate and set it on the table with a spool in it a d rotated the spool to see where contact is being made
I will adjust the mag dial and place the side plate back on the table to look at it
iirc, I repaired that for you, Jorrick.
Yeah Tim
Man that was a blessing...
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible