Tatula Pitch&Flip…Skip?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
NoGods_JustBassters
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Tatula Pitch&Flip…Skip?

Post by NoGods_JustBassters » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:37 pm

Could anyone give a little feedback on how well this reel skips jigs? I would be putting it on a P5 Tachyon shaft. Currently I’ve been skipping and flipping a Tatula SV TW with it. Need to get this rod it’s own dedicated reel and I’m definitely curious about the elite p/f and it’s skipping performance with the shallow spool and low trajectory performance.

Thanks guys!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula Pitch&Flip…Skip?

Post by bronzefly » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 am

The Tatula Elite P/F is a very capable skipping reel. It isn't nearly as forgiving as skipping with a Tatula SV TW, but going back to the trained thumb technique, the P/F is excellent.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula Pitch&Flip…Skip?

Post by jwfflipper14 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:43 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 am
The Tatula Elite P/F is a very capable skipping reel. It isn't nearly as forgiving as skipping with a Tatula SV TW, but going back to the trained thumb technique, the P/F is excellent.
Gary is dead on with his statement
I use mine for skipping on a Steez 7-00" medhy and a Compile X. Heavy down here on Louisiana and Tx. I like even better than my jdm Steez reels for skipping
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon