Tatula Elite Long Cast owners

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tatula Elite Long Cast owners

Post by LowRange » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:49 pm

How well does yours skip? I have a spool from a Tatula Elite in a Fuego CT and it skips with SV like uncanny ease. This is with the spool tension set to have side to side play AND I can even go down to 14 on the dial with a 5" Senko and fire off trouble free skips. The same spool can then turn around and beat every SV spool I have (they're all older ones) in distance. The only thing my SVs have it beat at in skipping and casting lighter baits. Its just a lighter Tatula spool with a slighter almost imperceptibly stiffer spring. What the heck. Do Fuego CTs have stronger magnets that the Tatula Elite? I was going to get Fuego SV but I'm going to get another one of these spools and another Fuego CT.

Lightningmusky
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Tatula Elite Long Cast owners

Post by Lightningmusky » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:36 pm

I can skip very well with it stock. I upgraded bearings and that even made it more effortless. I do as well as my Tatula SV TW.