34 mm daiwa long casting spool

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
jvelth74
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 34 mm daiwa long casting spool

Post by jvelth74 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:53 am

LowRange wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:32 am
I wonder if a Ray's inductor swap would help with the Zillion?
Yes Ray's inductor 'helps' sv Zillion by adding casting distance, but it makes it not easier to cast light lures or lures with significant drag. It has slightly similar effect (but smaller effect) than swapping sv spring to Magforce-Z spring.
Freddie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:40 am
What makes the Rays inductor better? Where can you get them? Has anyone tried this yet? Sorry, a lot of questions from the newbie here…
Nothing makes Rays inductor better. It's just different. It's mass is something 70% of sv Inductor mass and slightly different geometry. I have put one to sv tw zillion and one to ct Alphas. Those can be found in Aliexpress and Ebay.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello, Friend!
I think you must choose from 2 option for 34 mm spool:
1. SV Boost spool (original 2021 Zillion or SLP WORKS).
2. Rays fixed inductor spool, from my review (viewtopic.php?f=65&t=80168).

I tried both and can say that cast with SV Boost further and it's more universal spool for minnows, vibs and bottom jig rigs.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:12 pm

Freddie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:41 am
LowRange wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:32 am
Freddie wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:27 am
As of now I’m considering…

1) 2020 Metanium 8.1
2) 2019 Morethan PE 8.6(significantly more expensive)
3) drop a 1016 Magforce Z spool in my 6.3 Zillion and be ok with the slower gear ratio

What would you do? For the money…it’s pretty hard not to do the Metanium. For the record, I like to run 40# braid to 17# Fluoro leader for jigs…
I wonder if a Ray's inductor swap would help with the Zillion? This the Zillion that looks like the Tatula CT correct? The one before the current gen.
No, I have the new Zillion…
I don't know what a 1016 spool is going to offer you other than additional capacity maybe. Does your Zillion with the SV Boost not cast far enough?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Here's my short answer -
Steez SV TW - 1012SV spool is really good. Zpi Nrc001-m is great.
Tdz - SLP 1010 is really good. KTF 34mm Neo spool is great.
Any of the limited Steez reels (non TW) - SLP OR Daiwa limited Steez SV 103/105 spools are really good. 1012SV / 1016SV Steez spools are great.
Any OG Steez / Megabass reels - Steez limited SV103 or SV105 spools, Magforce Z 1010 or 1016 spools.
Honestly, the only 34mm spools I haven't tried in various platforms are the old school ZPI spools.

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:54 am

I recently picked up another Steez Sv tw, casting felt choked off and was not getting great distance at all. I decided to take the boost spool out of the new zillion and put it in and put the stock steez sv tw spool in the zillion and it’s a world of difference. The Steez woke up and casting distance is effortless, easy and great control. The zillion feels the exact same as having the boost spool .. kinda weird but it worked out and I can’t complain.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:14 am

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:54 am
I recently picked up another Steez Sv tw, casting felt choked off and was not getting great distance at all. I decided to take the boost spool out of the new zillion and put it in and put the stock steez sv tw spool in the zillion and it’s a world of difference. The Steez woke up and casting distance is effortless, easy and great control. The zillion feels the exact same as having the boost spool .. kinda weird but it worked out and I can’t complain.
Not strange at all. Just must be the braking profile of the reel. My Steez A cast significantly better than the Zillion SVTW with the exact same line, exact same spool.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:29 am

Quick add...popped a few good bass at Jefferson Springs recreational area this morning, including a 20" skinny female. I tried the following combos.

Tested the 1010 in the Steez Limited SV 105 with 15 Defier and a 3/8 Buddha Baits Pop Fire...it's very good, but not same level as the SV105 Limited spool that Ian tuned and even more behind ZPI PG. It's a 7/10 performer for me.

The ZPI PG in the 2019 Morethan 7.1:1 + 16lb Sniper + Gen I Phenix Ultra MBX Classic 707MH LAUNCHES STOOPID distances. I was tossing a 1/2oz blade-in-blade buzzbait, I'll have to look up the brand again, but it's an original made in USA 1/2 oz buzzbait.

The Morethan PE SV spool with 30lb PP SS II braid in the Zillion SV103 is straight up FAST, only need easy medium underhanded casts setting the brakes around 6 for long effortless casts. Tossed 1 oz Buzzjet, Megabass Diamante, LC 100 Sammy.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:14 pm

Borrowed the Blue Emblem from a bud, and have been trying it in the og steez. For years i've heard people praising the spool, and i always told myself that they're only doing so because the spool is super rare and expensive. :doh: Not the case lol. Have only tried it in very windy conditions for a couple of days, but its casting further than my type r and type r+ spools spooled with the same 20lb line, and on the same rod & reel. Its weird, the inductor is fixed, is pretty thick, but the spool is super fast and never have i noticed any kind of overbreaking you'd see on SV spools. If ZPI was alive, i would've liked them releasing a second round of these spools in different colors and being compatible with the newer zillions.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:13 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:29 am
Quick add...popped a few good bass at Jefferson Springs recreational area this morning, including a 20" skinny female. I tried the following combos.

Tested the 1010 in the Steez Limited SV 105 with 15 Defier and a 3/8 Buddha Baits Pop Fire...it's very good, but not same level as the SV105 Limited spool that Ian tuned and even more behind ZPI PG. It's a 7/10 performer for me.

The ZPI PG in the 2019 Morethan 7.1:1 + 16lb Sniper + Gen I Phenix Ultra MBX Classic 707MH LAUNCHES STOOPID distances. I was tossing a 1/2oz blade-in-blade buzzbait, I'll have to look up the brand again, but it's an original made in USA 1/2 oz buzzbait.

The Morethan PE SV spool with 30lb PP SS II braid in the Zillion SV103 is straight up FAST, only need easy medium underhanded casts setting the brakes around 6 for long effortless casts. Tossed 1 oz Buzzjet, Megabass Diamante, LC 100 Sammy.
That 1010 belongs in a TDZ platform my friend.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:21 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:13 pm
dragon1 wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:29 am

That 1010 belongs in a TDZ platform my friend.
Awesome, I'll make the change up, thanks!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:47 am

SSS wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:14 pm
Borrowed the Blue Emblem from a bud, and have been trying it in the og steez. For years i've heard people praising the spool, and i always told myself that they're only doing so because the spool is super rare and expensive. :doh: Not the case lol. Have only tried it in very windy conditions for a couple of days, but its casting further than my type r and type r+ spools spooled with the same 20lb line, and on the same rod & reel. Its weird, the inductor is fixed, is pretty thick, but the spool is super fast and never have i noticed any kind of overbreaking you'd see on SV spools. If ZPI was alive, i would've liked them releasing a second round of these spools in different colors and being compatible with the newer zillions.
I noticed the same thing with my RC001 ZPI spool in my Steez LTD. I assumed it would be a control spool with that thick inductor but it is fast in the old LTD. It casts a 110 about as far as my 1010 spool in the same reel.