21 Luvias Airity

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
zelmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

21 Luvias Airity

Post by zelmo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:58 am

After much research and feedback on this board I had decided to get the JDM Exist over the Stella. The shops I normally deal with did not have it in stock so I decided to get the Luvias Airity instead which was in stock. I ordered the FCLT2000S.

The reel arrived and I am impressed. It's hard to believe the Exist is better than this. This reel is a bit smaller than the 2000 size '09 Certate that I have. I guess I could have gotten a 2500 size but I am not complaining.

Being a JDM reel the instruction sheet is in Japanese. I tried looking for it on the Daiwa JP website so I could have my browser translate but couldn't find it. The reel came with some washers in a bag. Can someone tell me what they are for?

amso4
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: 21 Luvias Airity

Post by amso4 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:51 am

You can use google translate in camera mode to tranlate Paper and signs.

StymoDe
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by StymoDe » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:37 am

zelmo wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:58 am
The reel came with some washers in a bag. Can someone tell me what they are for?
I read somewhere before those washers are for spool position adjustment...never tried it myself though

any experience of Airity vs. Vanquish? I have my eyes on Airity but also thinking getting another Vanquish...I have some Daiwa spinning reels (Steez type 2, new and old Certate, Ignis Type R etc) but something about Vanquish feels special in my hands, its light and crisp and sensitive. given Airity also a magnesium body and similar weight I can't help wonder how different or similar they are.

zelmo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by zelmo » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 am

amso4 wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:51 am
You can use google translate in camera mode to tranlate Paper and signs.
I was not aware of that app. I downloaded it and was able to get it to work. The trick was to use blank paper to mask around each section so the camera didn't pick up extra. It was a little clunky but it gave me what I needed.

The washers are to adjust the spooling if needed.

mrpao
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mrpao » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:14 am

The Exist LT and Luvias Airity are pretty much the same reel. Minus a bearing and some mag seal.
With the Exist, you are paying for the lifetime warranty. The Luvias airity doesn't have the warranty but is much cheaper.
In hand they feel identical. Both are great reels.