Steez A tws

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Steez A tws

Post by goldrod » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:09 pm

I see a 6.3:1 at a phenomenal price and condition
I wanted to know if I can gear swap?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

freelancer27
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Steez A tws

Post by freelancer27 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:26 pm

Yep. Different sets available. Plat has some and also thetackletrap i think.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:50 am

The new Zillion gears fit too I believe.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:27 am

Man I wish I didn’t post this.

It’s debtless December. I’m already in the wife’s pocket by $100 😆
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:03 pm

LowRange wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:50 am
Wait really?

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:47 pm

Salty Parrot wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:03 pm
LowRange wrote:
Wait really?
The Steez TWS, Steez CT, Alphas SV TW and the new Zillion all have the same gear dimensions. I would think the Steez A is dimensionally identical, as well, though I havent tried that swap yet.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:47 pm
Salty Parrot wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Wait really?
The Steez TWS, Steez CT, Alphas SV TW and the new Zillion all have the same gear dimensions. I would think the Steez A is dimensionally identical, as well, though I havent tried that swap yet.
All true... This will make for some fun times for the gear swappers. As usual, it'll be months before TT gets all the new Zillion G gear sets in stock from Daiwa, but rest assured, they'll be a stock item!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:19 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Salty Parrot wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Wait really?
All true... This will make for some fun times for the gear swappers. As usual, it'll be months before TT gets all the new Zillion G gear sets in stock from Daiwa, but rest assured, they'll be a stock item!
So get in touch with Plat to source a set of brass 8.5 gears from the Alphas SV TW, then drop them in the Steez A, and boom! Theres your durable high speed gears without having to pay "Morethan" you should!
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:21 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:19 pm
So get in touch with Plat to source a set of brass 8.5 gears from the Alphas SV TW, then drop them in the Steez A, and boom! Theres your durable high speed gears without having to pay "Morethan" you should!
My Steez A's with stock gears are still as smooth as new after lots of use. I have had no issue with their durability, and lots of them come through the shop for service and are still in impressive shape as well. I'm in no hurry and will be happy to wait and get Hyperdrive gears from the Zillion G's to play around with in some of the compatible platforms.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:40 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:10 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Salty Parrot wrote:
LowRange wrote:
Wait really?
i should probably turn my computer off now.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:42 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:21 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
My Steez A's with stock gears are still as smooth as new after lots of use. I have had no issue with their durability, and lots of them come through the shop for service and are still in impressive shape as well. I'm in no hurry and will be happy to wait and get Hyperdrive gears from the Zillion G's to play around with in some of the compatible platforms.
The Alphas SV TW gears are hyperdrive, as well (and brass). I was just referring to that option for the guys who have said they dont trust duralumin gears. Our Aussie brothers have been using the Steez A in saltwater for Barrmundi up to 40# since the reel's introduction, and I've heard of only one gear set being replaced after 4 seasons of fighting huge, drag-screaming fish. Even then, he stated that the gears still worked, just that they weren't as smooth as when new.

Salty Parrot
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Salty Parrot » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:55 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:42 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:21 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
The Alphas SV TW gears are hyperdrive, as well (and brass). I was just referring to that option for the guys who have said they dont trust duralumin gears. Our Aussie brothers have been using the Steez A in saltwater for Barrmundi up to 40# since the reel's introduction, and I've heard of only one gear set being replaced after 4 seasons of fighting huge, drag-screaming fish. Even then, he stated that the gears still worked, just that they weren't as smooth as when new.
Ive broken a gear teeth on my steez A before and ive been wanting a brass gear in it for the longest time now. Thanks for the info guys.