What handle for this old Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: What handle for this old Daiwa

Post by LowRange » Sun May 15, 2022 11:59 am

Just to sing the praises of the R+ some more, I got back from throwing a 1/4 oz squarebill and the reel did great. Everything wanted to eat that thing. What a great spool. I was never able to appreciate it in my weak magnet 1st gen Steez.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri May 20, 2022 6:21 pm

Looks perfect. Thanks guys.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:34 pm

Gomexus is working on producing straight carbon handles with a design yet to be finalised. But there use to be Bassart, Daiwa IZE works had some straight handles, ZPI and another i cant remember right now.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:54 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:34 pm
Gomexus is working on producing straight carbon handles with a design yet to be finalised. But there use to be Bassart, Daiwa IZE works had some straight handles, ZPI and another i cant remember right now.
Ray's too. They look like ZPI knock offs. I have one on my lefty flipping TD-X. The Weihai Fishing Store had/has them.