ZILLION Silver Wolf specs

This is the place to talk shop about all the enthusiast and import tackle for the truly afflicted
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ZILLION Silver Wolf specs

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:24 am

I'm not familiar with the # size of braids, what are you all running?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:13 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:24 am
if by that, you're referring to gou, I put a table in this article for reference : Varivas Finesse Braid
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:35 am

Cal wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:13 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:24 am
if by that, you're referring to gou, I put a table in this article for reference : Varivas Finesse Braid
Thanks, really appreciate that one. I have always been a long advocate of Sufix 832, mainly because it has never broken and I'm familiar with it. Unfortunately though, it is VERY thick compared to other braids. I use 8lb on my BFS setup and it is still thick for that size. I could probably go to another brand or use their Nanobraid to cast a bit further. Inversely a thicker braid seems to help digging in and management issues.

Just hard to switch, it seems I read more than a few bad reviews on the hyper thin JDM braids. Just at extremely small diameters you are bound to have some snaps from expected damages.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:16 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:35 am

Just hard to switch, it seems I read more than a few bad reviews on the hyper thin JDM braids. Just at extremely small diameters you are bound to have some snaps from expected damages.
Last comment on the issue so as not to hijack the discussion, but a good place to start with the true finesse braids is the product by Spro... it's accessible, affordable, and so far for me, reliable: http://tackletour.com/reviewsprofinessebraid.html

YGK makes really good stuff too but more expensive and not always in stock recently.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:31 am

Do you guys think Zillion HD + Ray’s spool can outperform Silverwolf?
I ended up order Zillion HD instead of silver wolf. I already have Ray’s 34mm spool laying around. The HD seemed to be the right choice for me, cheaper and come with brass gear. I also have JDM Zillion SV with AMO spool. Meaning I can either use SV boost or MagZ boost depend on application.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:14 pm

Just_Bass wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:31 am
I ended up order Zillion HD instead of silver wolf. I already have Ray’s 34mm spool laying around. The HD seemed to be the right choice for me, cheaper and come with brass gear. I also have JDM Zillion SV with AMO spool. Meaning I can either use SV boost or MagZ boost depend on application.
If you are referring to BFS use then yes. I also have a rays spool i run in a Zillion SV 1000G and it handles the light stuff more comfortably than the silverwolf spool. Using the Silverwolf spool with heavier stuff it is much more controlled. when you research Japanese Black Sea Bream fishing which it is designed for they aren't using BFS techniques. normally light PE lines long rods and weighted plastics.

Just_Bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Just_Bass » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:06 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:14 pm
Just_Bass wrote:
If you are referring to BFS use then yes. I also have a rays spool i run in a Zillion SV 1000G and it handles the light stuff more comfortably than the silverwolf spool. Using the Silverwolf spool with heavier stuff it is much more controlled. when you research Japanese Black Sea Bream fishing which it is designed for they aren't using BFS techniques. normally light PE lines long rods and weighted plastics.
Not BFS I’m done with that long time ago lol. I’m talking about bass with lure weight 1/4- 3/8 oz while using 15lb braid line.
JDM zillion with Ray’s spool.
Attachments
EFC0D0A2-3EF3-43C4-A424-936723392AC6.jpeg
EFC0D0A2-3EF3-43C4-A424-936723392AC6.jpeg (109.58 KiB) Viewed 2056 times

anteman
Angler
Angler

Post by anteman » Wed Nov 16, 2022 5:07 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:14 pm
Just_Bass wrote:
Interesting, at what weights do you feel the Silverwolf spool start to get more controlled over the Ray's? Like at 1/4-3/8 oz total casting weight ?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:43 am

Is there a 7:9.1 gear set that I can drop in?
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:40 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:43 am
No.7.9.
6.3, 7.1, 8.1, 8.5 and 8.6 are available from different platforms, and from different metals, depending on the reel they come from.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:34 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:40 pm
goldrod wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:43 am
No 7.9.
6.3, 7.1, 8.1, 8.5 and 8.6 are available from different platforms, and from different metals, depending on the reel they come from.
Thanks.. after we spoke i ordered one because i have an idea so i will just have to see how it goes.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:29 am

Anyone try a morethan PE spool in this reel?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:43 am

just got it in today. yeah the line capacity is nil
i haven't casted it at all as it just came in seconds ago while i was supposed to be working on some homework. This reel feels different but that may just be because as of late i've been on TDZ a lot. Still for the price i thought it was a great deal. I love the looks of the handle and if anyone wants to sell their handle please let me know. I think the handle is one of this reels better features cosmetically speaking. i took the original spool out as its screams Sunline Xplasma Asegai to me..
Im not sure where this reel will end up or for how long i will keep it but i am definitely digging the color scheme.
For those who have one, what does your level wind cap look like? Mines seems to have a hole in it. its weird looking for sure and i am not sure that its supposed to look like it does.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 am

The wolf out of the box performance is outstanding
16# asgei on a edge black widow 703 1/8-3/8 and I’m tossing a keitech 4” easy shiner with only a hook like I have weight on it

Craiger12
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Craiger12 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:43 pm

goldrod wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:53 am
The wolf out of the box performance is outstanding
16# asgei on a edge black widow 703 1/8-3/8 and I’m tossing a keitech 4” easy shiner with only a hook like I have weight on it
Not familiar with that line. Are you running the stock spool or did you swap it out?