Same model parts and pieces swapping

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Same model parts and pieces swapping

Post by goldrod » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:58 am

I have a older Steez limited and was playing around in bed with swapping out side plates with a Steez ex. I didn’t do the handle side because the cuts in the limited handle side were different. I figured it wasn’t just for cosmetics
There had to be a reason so before I go through all this trouble I figure I’d ask if anyone has done it before
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Same model parts and pieces swapping

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:12 pm

There's no difference, aside from the Ltd has a zaion sideplate, while the EX has a magnesium sideplate. The "cuts" in the zaion sideplate are actually reinforcement fins to make it more rigid.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:01 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:12 pm
There's no difference, aside from the Ltd has a zaion sideplate, while the EX has a magnesium sideplate. The "cuts" in the zaion sideplate are actually reinforcement fins to make it more rigid.
Thanks Tim
Great to know before I got in over my head
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:56 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:12 pm
Good stuff Bro...thanks for sharing as always.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."