Anyone have a Chronarch G and a Tranx 150 that can share their opinion on how they compare?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
oops
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Anyone have a Chronarch G and a Tranx 150 that can share their opinion on how they compare?

Post by oops » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 pm

I've had my Chronarch G since whenever they were released. Fantastic work horse that I've remarkably been unable to ruin in saltwater after all these years. Just wondering how it compares to the much newer but quite a bit lower price point Tranx 150? Chronarch G is old enough now that I wonder if the Tranx is just meant to replace it?

Been going down to Louisiana to fish for 12 years but this will be the first year I take any gear with me. I don't need the Tranx at all, but it's sorta on my radar. And if you all give me reason to believe it'll feel like an upgrade, I'll happily buy it. Already bought another NRX, jdm UL rod, Bantam and Metanium lately. Won't be hard to convince me to splurge one last time :lol:

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anyone have a Chronarch G and a Tranx 150 that can share their opinion on how they compare?

Post by Cal » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:20 pm

oops wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:52 pm
Chronarch G is old enough now that I wonder if the Tranx is just meant to replace it?
The Tranx is not meant to replace the Chronarch G. It is simply a lower cost option for saltwater use.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"