steez HLC TWS

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

steez HLC TWS

Post by goldrod » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:23 am

i was NOT feeling this reel. Stock its like a hellcat, better not try taking a corner.. 

Yes it want to launch lures into orbit with its stock spool but for Me it was lacking something. 

I guess that something would be control and range. Range in terms of lure weight and control in terms of bomb cast to pitch punching ( my term .. combination of both techniques on one of the techniques equipment. ) , to precision casting.. 

in all honesty i was thinking about selling this reel until i dropped that IZ'e spool in it..

You can stand off on a point and i mean stand off of it a great ways and cast or for me if I am going down pads, i can cast parallel to the pads and switch up and cast into the pads or to a target in and around the pads.. With the addition of the IZ'e spool i feel like the lure weight range goes down drastically. 

Perfect reel for c-rigs , swim baits  of course but football jigs from 3/8 and up with the IZe spool , worms, and soft plastics.  I paired this up with NRX 894 rod.. a long rod seems to compliment the jet setting on this reel. just my humble opinion 
Attachments
IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9017.jpg (132.37 KiB) Viewed 1191 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: steez HLC TWS

Post by goldrod » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:29 am

better pic
Attachments
IMG_9019.jpg
IMG_9019.jpg (121.61 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
IMG_9017.jpg
IMG_9017.jpg (15.24 KiB) Viewed 1189 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:23 pm

Hyper Long Cast spools benefit from hyper long casting baits and hyper long casting line. I would say it's a requirement based on my OG HLC. It must be misery trying to pass that slinky out that reel with the stock spool. I would HIGHLY encourage you to use braid on HLC spools. All my fast spools get braid and all my control spools get flouro or mono. Even then only the most controlled get 16# Sniper or 20# Big Game. Anything above 16# Sniper is horrific in handling and I can only imagine the pure horror of putting that line through an HLC spool. Your patience and determination are impressive. I would have burned down a fluorocarbon plant.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:37 pm

Damn Bro, I was hoping for a better up close and detailed pic of your kicks (shoes)!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:41 pm

Hey Jorrick, that Steez EX looks familiar.... ;)
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:05 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:41 pm
Hey Jorrick, that Steez EX looks familiar.... ;)
ha ha ...shhhhh
Tim, I need your help again... I'll send you a message

JT.com comment from:
Jun's Comment: The reel is quite hard to control in regular fishing situations, and I do not recommend it at all, unless you use it only for heavier than 3/4oz sinker plastic worm rigs. I have picked up one in XG gear ratio in May 2022, and have tested it some times with variety of rigs. Its brake is quite unique, and it works only when I swing rods in full force, or it will not emit any brake causing huge backlash. Oh no! I like its low body, a little larger spool and wanted to use it for regular usages. It casts great for 3/4oz jig head rig with a 3" worm, as long as Shimano 21 Antares DC. I'd better think of tuning it to be able to cast wider range of rigs and please wait for news. June 6, 2022 And, I have added 1.3mm thick plastic washer under poping-up brake rotor, and now I was able to use this wild machine with more comfort. It still casts as long as Antares DC. I'd like to recommend this modification How to make Steez A TW HLC Mild/

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Frig that's a badass little mod the Jun-san figured out. Did he send you pics on how to do it?
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:30 am

dragon1 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:11 pm
Frig that's a badass little mod the Jun-san figured out. Did he send you pics on how to do it?
Good Morning
It was in the thread but I’m completely happy with what I have now but I may try in the future