The Most Enthusiast Level Performance CASTING Reel?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: The Most Enthusiast Level Performance CASTING Reel?

Post by LowRange » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:42 am

Preston wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:08 am
LowRange wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:13 pm
PKN8 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:30 pm
LowRange wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:37 am
Megabass TD-Ito, IS, IP, Zonda, Monoblock and LIN reels. Add your choice of spool to your preferred braking profile.
Don't forget color choice to make it more enthusiast.
I had a thing for the red ones for a while. Down to just the Zonda now.

Sexy!!! Do you wish you would kept the others?
I kept my LIN10 Black Jungle as justification for selling the LIN10 Mars. I get the enjoyment of owning a LIN but actually able to use it since it was cheaper than the Mars. The Monoblock was really cool but not something I fished with much and just replaced it with an Aird Red Tune. I prefer to have a fishable collection of reels and those two red round reels were hard to fish with. Too scared to use them and that's no fun so off they went.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:50 am

I'll also add that selling the Mars allowed me to get an IP79 to put on that rod and actually fish it. I'll fish the crap out of an IP. The IP68 I have had for years has held up great.
One more of the monoblock. It goes into the mail today

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:14 am

Lowrange- Not quoting you to keep the photo replication minimized. You have and have had some awesome reels. I hear you on not being comfortable fishing some of those. I struggle with that just with my Conquest BFS, but I bought it to fish it, right? I dunno. It's weird thing buying high end gear. Like I want it, and want to use it, then get all scared about damaging it cosmetically.

Maybe we are all just sick in the head, but of my sicknesses, this one is the best by far!