Daiwa Spool

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
WisconsinHeat
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Spool

Post by WisconsinHeat » Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:24 pm

I need a spool for my Daiwa T3 1016. I know the original spool goes for quite a bit, which I'm assuming is why I got the reel so cheap w/out a spool. Are there any other Daiwa spools that fit the T3 besides the RCS 1016? I don't necessarily want to drop $100 on a spool. Hoping there are more affordable options out there, looking for bass application spool, not BFS. Thanks

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Spool

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:52 pm

Any 34mm spool will fit. Honestly, the stock spool is probably going to be the least expensive, if you can find one used. That or the T3 MX spool.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:30 pm

The T3 is temperamental with some 34 mm spools. My 1016 T3 does not like the ZPI PG or Steez Limited SV 105 spool, I think it's the inductor size that makes it not want to run clean and freely.

I have found the Ray's 34 mm BFS spool is awesome in it, although line capacity is limited, and obviously not what you are looking for.

Good luck with your search.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:58 am

WisconsinHeat wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:24 pm
I need a spool for my Daiwa T3 1016. I know the original spool goes for quite a bit, which I'm assuming is why I got the reel so cheap w/out a spool. Are there any other Daiwa spools that fit the T3 besides the RCS 1016? I don't necessarily want to drop $100 on a spool. Hoping there are more affordable options out there, looking for bass application spool, not BFS. Thanks
Used market Zillion TW SV spool. Last one I saw went for around $70. I have one in my T3 MX. Awesome on long cast mode and skips great on all around

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:49 pm

Not all 34 mm spools will fit with a direct swap. Some may require a mod or two. I don’t believe the older Daiwa Type R, Type R+ or Steez 103 spools will fit without a mod of some sort if I recall from trying it years ago.

The Orange SV100 is a great spool in there as are the SV1012 and 1016. Most all these spools even used will be $60-70 plus. Unless you find someone unloading spools on the cheap it won’t be a cheap task.

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:24 am

WisconsinHeat wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:24 pm
I don't necessarily want to drop $100 on a spool. Hoping there are more affordable options out there, looking for bass application spool, not BFS. Thanks
Hello, Friend!
Please, tale a look for chinese DIY (AMO, Rays, Chameleon) spools. For 49-55$ price its a very nice choice. For example: http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=80168

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:39 pm

BTW, I just discovered that the 2019 Morethan PE spool fits and performs exceptionally well in the T3 1016!

Now, good luck finding a 2019 Morethan PE spool for sale.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:51 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:39 pm
BTW, I just discovered that the 2019 Morethan PE spool fits and performs exceptionally well in the T3 1016!

if you know where to look and are willing to go through a small amount of additional effort they come up pretty regularly for like $35-60ish? (hint 2nd hand online marketplaces directly from the motherland)

Every once in a while i’ll shop this way but I gotta stop myself before I go too crazy buying up stuff bc of how cheap everything is due to the exchange rate. It’s the same way I got a 2nd clean used Steez A TW for less than $135 as well

Also hedgehog has new ones for sale but they’re expensive which is the norm for most daiwa replacement spools

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:27 am

HellaBread wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:51 pm
dragon1 wrote:

if you know where to look and are willing to go through a small amount of additional effort they come up pretty regularly for like $35-60ish? (hint 2nd hand online marketplaces directly from the motherland)

Every once in a while i’ll shop this way but I gotta stop myself before I go too crazy buying up stuff bc of how cheap everything is due to the exchange rate. It’s the same way I got a 2nd clean used Steez A TW for less than $135 as well

Also hedgehog has new ones for sale but they’re expensive which is the norm for most daiwa replacement spools
Oh wow! That's awesome... unfortunately I don't have any experience with using these Japanese auction sites, or a snipe service. Sounds like I need to start doing so? 8-)

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:47 am

dragon1 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:27 am
HellaBread wrote:
dragon1 wrote:

Oh wow! That's awesome... unfortunately I don't have any experience with using these Japanese auction sites, or a snipe service. Sounds like I need to start doing so? 8-)
bigger hint it’s not even an auction site thankfully bc i hate dealing with auctions and usually the prices are atrocious by the end. It’s just a used item marketplace.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:19 pm

HellaBread wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:47 am
dragon1 wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:27 am
HellaBread wrote:
dragon1 wrote:

bigger hint it’s not even an auction site thankfully bc i hate dealing with auctions and usually the prices are atrocious by the end. It’s just a used item marketplace.
WOWZERS...please send me a PM.