Daiwa 21 Luvias Airity spool compatiblity

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Cutbait
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa 21 Luvias Airity spool compatiblity

Post by Cutbait » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:17 pm

Hello, I just placed an order for a Daiwa 21 Luvias Airity with a japanese online vendor, hope it's legit cause this reel from what I know is not in production currently. My question is, the Model I purchased is the LT3000S-CXH, not being completely familiar with the daiwa reels model number,apparently this has a shallow spool. was wondering if I ordered another LT3000 models spool as a replacement, would it be compatible with model I ordered. I noticed Hedgehogstudios sells Daiwa 21 Luvias Airity spare spools.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa 21 Luvias Airity spool compatiblity

Post by karirick » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:08 pm

It is my understanding it will fit.

What won't fit is any 2500 size spool on Daiwa 3000 reel.

Shimano 2500/3000 interchange across the board as far as I know within current generatrion reels; minus the newest Stella which has a new unique spool to Shimano.

Others will chime in if I'm wrong I hope.

Heard that is a great lightweight reel by the way.

Cutbait
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Daiwa 21 Luvias Airity spool compatiblity

Post by Cutbait » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:28 pm

Thanks for the reply. My reason for wanting another spool is to have more line capacity, so, from what you say then a regular Luvias airity 3000 spool should be fine. My concern was that the bail and the spool would be grossly mis-alighned and I'd be stuck with a 100 dollar spool.

I'm using a shimano twin power high C3000 for my daily user, it's been great. Heard So much about the Airity figured I'd locate one before they totally go extinct.

Something I have noticed with Daiwa, is the reel number and letter indications are not on the Daiwa web page.
like the reel I ordered LT3000S-CXH

LT- light and tough (saw a mention of it on YT video)
S -Shallow spool (saw someone make mention on a YT video)
C- compact (thats my guess cause shimano uses that but I can't find any info on Daiwa)
XH- high speed (again guessing, based off the reel gear ratio)

Thanks again.