Project t—steez A II

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Polkfish1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Project t—steez A II

Post by Polkfish1 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:45 pm

I think this reel is new. Looks like something I remember but everything is hyper.

https://youtu.be/XGHqfI414_M

iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Project t—steez A II

Post by iabass8 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:14 pm

At first glance, just looks like the current Steez A /w hyperdrive and an SV boost spool which isnt a bad thing depending on price. I've thrown the Zillion G gears and various spools in my Steez A's and it's made a difference. Hopefully the paint job is better and doesn't chip at 2 looks at it.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:38 pm

another new steez A and we keeping getting steez LTD yet they havent updated the regular steez sv in ages. :doh:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:09 am

I was hoping they would incorporate the Steez CT dimensions into a fully aluminum reel. Kind of like the Tatula 80 is a compact yet capable of heavier stuff reel. If they made a Steez CT size reel with aluminum construction, larger 32-34mm spool (if possible at that size), and all the other current features it would be a winner. I am sure it would cost a ton, but would be a perfect do all reel for me.

Firstoutfisher
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Firstoutfisher » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:00 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:09 am
I was hoping they would incorporate the Steez CT dimensions into a fully aluminum reel. Kind of like the Tatula 80 is a compact yet capable of heavier stuff reel. If they made a Steez CT size reel with aluminum construction, larger 32-34mm spool (if possible at that size), and all the other current features it would be a winner. I am sure it would cost a ton, but would be a perfect do all reel for me.
34mm all aluminum CT size framed reel would be amazing

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:57 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
The Tat 80 actually is the same dimension as the Steez CT, and its all aluminum. Biggest spool they could shoehorn into that CT frame would still only be 32mm, just like the Tat 80. fwiw, I think my Tat 80 is 90% of the reel that the Steez CT is, and better in a way, since it has more line capacity, thus can be used for general duties. Only way to do that with the Steez CT is to use braid.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:55 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:57 pm
DirtyD64 wrote:
The Tat 80 actually is the same dimension as the Steez CT, and its all aluminum. Biggest spool they could shoehorn into that CT frame would still only be 32mm, just like the Tat 80. fwiw, I think my Tat 80 is 90% of the reel that the Steez CT is, and better in a way, since it has more line capacity, thus can be used for general duties. Only way to do that with the Steez CT is to use braid.
Steez and Alphas CT hold plenty of line for most bass duties. Well, for me anyway. Have you noticed much difference between free floating spools and shaft spools?

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by KP Duty » Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:00 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
I agree 100%....

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:44 pm

I saw this reel but i dont see anyone selling it..
im interested in it.. Ever since i got my steez HLC I have really enjoyed it over the other steez reels for bombs and to me I can tell the difference. So i am hoping that this reel distinguishes itself from the pack as well
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:28 pm

I am sorry but this looks pathetic to me. For how much longer are they gonna rehash this frame? It felt super outdated to me the second Zillion21 launched, and they're releasing another variant? Chinese noname reels are better looking (design wise) and are comfier to palm than the steez2016 line. Writing hyper on every corner of the reels makes it look and sound chidish and not flagship like the Steez used to be. No joke, you install an sv or a boost spool inside the og steez103, and i feel like that reel feels less outdated than the steez tw or the steez a.

This frame needs a complete redesign pronto.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:33 pm

Firstoutfisher wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:00 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
34mm all aluminum CT size framed reel would be amazing
ABSOLUTELY. The CT frame is one of my all time favs. They have it, but don't use it on the spool diameter than matters most. I don't care about small diameter spools inside an all around reel. 34mm is perfect, and you have access to so many different spools that it would be a shame to pass that up.

Finesse Angler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Finesse Angler » Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:41 pm

The only problem there is while you might be able to mill the frame for a 34mm spool, it will still be narrower than the other 34mm spools. It would defeat the purpose to even try that if they have to widen the reel to fit into the 34mm spool family. They alphas tw has a deep 32mm spool so there’s really no need.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:35 am

I like to thumb the spool and have big hands. Spool width is a big factor as well.

Sold my Alphas because I hated the tight fit. Not a fan of the Metanium for the same reasoning.

The 34mm Daiwa spool is the perfect size for me. Can be used shallow Ray's with BFS #6 flouro or a ZPI 001 with #20 big game.

jprice92
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jprice92 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:24 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:44 pm
I saw this reel but i dont see anyone selling it..
im interested in it.. Ever since i got my steez HLC I have really enjoyed it over the other steez reels for bombs and to me I can tell the difference. So i am hoping that this reel distinguishes itself from the pack as well
Digitaka has it up on their page now, no pre-order available yet though. Suppose to be a December release. I’ll be ordering one, the steez a has always been one of my favorites.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:09 pm

I'm gonna wait for the next iteration when they add the hyper yoke springs, hyper c clips, and hyper paint.