21 alphas sv TW spool in a 21 alphas air sv TW reel.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

21 alphas sv TW spool in a 21 alphas air sv TW reel.

Post by CFDoc » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:55 am

So I own several 21 alphas sv TW reels and a 21 alphas air sv TW.

The alphas sv TW spool will not fit in the air because the air has two red spacers on either side of the spool.

Does anyone know if these spacers are a removable part? This would allow the alphas sv TW spool to fit in the air.

I will admit my only reason for doing this is cosmetic. I like the look of the air so much more than the alphas. So I’d like to have the deeper spool sometimes.

Plus y’all can’t judge me cause I know y’all do stuff for cosmetic reasons only too lol.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 21 alphas sv TW spool in a 21 alphas air sv TW reel.

Post by LowRange » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:29 am

CFDoc wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:55 am

The alphas sv TW spool will not fit in the air because the air has two red spacers on either side of the spool.

Does anyone know if these spacers are a removable part? This would allow the alphas sv TW spool to fit in the air.

I will admit my only reason for doing this is cosmetic. I like the look of the air so much more than the alphas. So I’d like to have the deeper spool sometimes.

Plus y’all can’t judge me cause I know y’all do stuff for cosmetic reasons only too lol.
Just get deep spool for the air. They come in fixed inductor and SV brake versions. Hoohoorjoo has the SV brake version in that black and red Alphas under the moon thing.
https://m.aliexpress.us/item/3256802442 ... 37592f5506

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:58 pm

LowRange wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:29 am
CFDoc wrote:

Just get deep spool for the air. They come in fixed inductor and SV brake versions. Hoohoorjoo has the SV brake version in that black and red Alphas under the moon thing.
Yes, and it actually holds more line than the stock 32mm Alphas TW spool, and is about 0.2 grams heavier. It's a fantastic power BFS spool in my Gekkabijin.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:16 pm

Able to be removed, sure. Putting it back on is the harder part. They rings can be removed with a little acetone and perhaps heat. I removed a ring from a Daiwa T3 AIR a while back and modded the frame to fit the 34mm spools. Your conversion would take less work than that
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:36 pm

Somehow I knew the best answer was going to be buy more spools ha ha.

If the winter gets bad enough this year that I have to go too long without fishing, I may take this on as a project.

The fit is very close as is. I’m honestly thinking only one of the red spacers would need to come out. And the spacer on the frame looks easier to remove than the one on the sideplate.

But I’ll prolly end up buying another spool anyways. Ha

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:19 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:58 pm
LowRange wrote:
CFDoc wrote:

Yes, and it actually holds more line than the stock 32mm Alphas TW spool, and is about 0.2 grams heavier. It's a fantastic power BFS spool in my Gekkabijin.
How does it compare with the stock Alphas TW SV spool with 3/8 oz baits? Weightless plastics like senkos ect. Casting distance and skipping. I have the old Tatula Type R version of that spool and it's like a distance tuned SV spool basically.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:58 pm

LowRange wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:19 pm
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:58 pm
LowRange wrote:
CFDoc wrote:

How does it compare with the stock Alphas TW SV spool with 3/8 oz baits? Weightless plastics like senkos ect. Casting distance and skipping. I have the old Tatula Type R version of that spool and it's like a distance tuned SV spool basically.
It is very similar with 3/8...great distance and control.. I haven't skipped with it, though.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.