All new steez sv tw

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Cranky
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: All new steez sv tw

Post by Cranky » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:14 pm

Does this model have brass gears like the USDM CT SV or aluminum/alloy? Haven’t seen this listed.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:38 pm

Cranky wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:14 pm
Does this model have brass gears like the USDM CT SV or aluminum/alloy? Haven’t seen this listed.
I just got back from the Classic and spoke with both the Daiwa Japan and Daiwa USA engineers at length about this reel, the Real Control rods, and the other new Daiwa USA releases. It's my understanding that the new 24 US Steez SV TW has Hyperdrive aluminum alloy "duralumin" drive and pinion gears. Mine is going on the limited US release 7'3" Real Control rod.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:39 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:38 pm
Mine is going on the limited US release 7'3" Real Control rod.
:shock: Nice! Hadn't heard they were bringing any over.

I ordered the new Steez last night. New frame, new spool(boost is new for me). I became interested, haven't bought a Daiwa since the Morethan PE TW. Still rocking my 2015(?) SV TW with a ZPI M and that thing will never get replaced. Will be interesting to compare that reel with a new stock Steez.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am

Mike son wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:39 pm
bronzefly wrote:

I ordered the new Steez last night. New frame, new spool(boost is new for me). I became interested, haven't bought a Daiwa since the Morethan PE TW. Still rocking my 2015(?) SV TW with a ZPI M and that thing will never get replaced. Will be interesting to compare that reel with a new stock Steez.
The Tackle Trap and one other dealer at the Classic received extremely limited stock. We only have a couple models left, the rest have been snatched up by other enthusiasts at this point :D
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:04 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 am
Mike son wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:39 pm
bronzefly wrote:

I don't see them on the website

The Tackle Trap and one other dealer at the Classic received extremely limited stock. We only have a couple models left, the rest have been snatched up by other enthusiasts at this point :D
I didn't see them on the website
RiverValleyCrankbaits
Picasso
K-9 Flourocarbon

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

Gary - Will you be carrying the Real Control sticks?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:40 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm
Gary - Will you be carrying the Real Control sticks?
We have only a couple left over from the Classic that I didn't find homes for... it's a one and done kind of deal at this point. If memory serves, we have a 510UL and a 61L remaining... some ultra enthusiast panfish guy will spend the rest of his life with a smile with that UL... I've never felt a lighter weight rod in my life :lol:

As far as not being on the site, we're a small shop. We'll get them posted up accurately as soon as we have time.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm

Thanks Gary

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:50 pm

Has anyone who currently owns one confirmed if the 32mm spool platform they’re using in this the same as the 21 alphas or is it its own 32mm platform that’s incompatible with anything else. Trying to see if i can run my ktf neo in it or not before i pull the trigger

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:59 am

HellaBread wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:50 pm
Has anyone who currently owns one confirmed if the 32mm spool platform they’re using in this the same as the 21 alphas or is it its own 32mm platform that’s incompatible with anything else. Trying to see if i can run my ktf neo in it or not before i pull the trigger
They are not compatible.

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 pm

Just an FYI, this reel is down to ~$430 on Japan Lure Shop. And the Yen is pretty steadily losing ground to the Dollar.

There’s a chance this reel gets even cheaper as the year goes on. If it happens to go below $400, this would be a fantastic buy for this reel. It’s a beauty. I never thought I’d see a reel surpass the Zillion SV TW, but this one is trying its hardest.

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:15 pm

CFDoc wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 pm
Just an FYI, this reel is down to ~$430 on Japan Lure Shop. And the Yen is pretty steadily losing ground to the Dollar.

There’s a chance this reel gets even cheaper as the year goes on. If it happens to go below $400, this would be a fantastic buy for this reel. It’s a beauty. I never thought I’d see a reel surpass the Zillion SV TW, but this one is trying its hardest.
Depending on your states sales tax rate (or lack there of) and if you have amazon prime that would be the cheapest option usually. If you happen to both have prime and live in a state with no sales tax then you can get it for like $407 off amazon

CFDoc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by CFDoc » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:43 pm

HellaBread wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:15 pm
CFDoc wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:09 pm

Depending on your states sales tax rate (or lack there of) and if you have amazon prime that would be the cheapest option usually. If you happen to both have prime and live in a state with no sales tax then you can get it for like $407 off amazon

I haven’t been lucky enough to find that deal on Amazon, plus my state gets charged tax. And it seems like all these reels on Amazon are left handed.

HellaBread
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by HellaBread » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:51 pm

It’s in japanese, simplest way to find stuff is to use very vague search terms and scroll until you hit the stuff sold by amazon japan. ie: search “daiwa sv” “24 daiwa” until you see a product listing for the reel fully in japanese, right handed models are plentiful and available. just always make sure to check if it’s sold by amazon japan if not hit the other sellers on amazon tab and see if there is an amazon japan option

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 am

bronzefly wrote:
Cranky wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:14 pm
I just got back from the Classic and spoke with both the Daiwa Japan and Daiwa USA engineers at length about this reel, the Real Control rods, and the other new Daiwa USA releases. It's my understanding that the new 24 US Steez SV TW has Hyperdrive aluminum alloy "duralumin" drive and pinion gears. Mine is going on the limited US release 7'3" Real Control rod.
After a follow up conversation, I'm now being told by Daiwa that the new 24 Steez SV TW has an aluminum alloy "duralumin" drive gear and a unique corrosion resistant copper alloy pinion gear! I haven't cracked mine open yet to have a look, but I found this to be interesting!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap