Sunline Model FC?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Sunline Model FC?

Post by DarkShadow » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:33 pm

Hey,

I finally got back into chasing bucket mouths with conventional gear, after a torrid love affair with chasing trout all over the Western U.S. on the 4 weight. I realized that the line that had been on my reels 6 years ago may need some replacing, (aside from also realizing that I've bought reels that I never use.) SO, I rolled the dice with a deal that I couldn't pass up, and got a few spools of these bad boys since I'm gonna be re-spooling about a dozen reels at once:

https://sunlineamerica.com/products/mod ... ard-spool/

Anybody have ANY information on this line? I've scoured the interwebs and hadn't seen much of anything, so much that I thought the site I was visiting was selling bootleg Sunline. And usually Sunline does a good job of packaging and putting a very intricate description the line on the box, so the bulk packaging seemed very....non Sunline?

I finally received them in the mail...and....this should be interesting. 400 yards for $5? I'm definitely breaking fish off. [-o<

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Sunline Model FC?

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:36 pm

It is kinda like their entry level line. Not the greatest but, not terrible either. Used 10lb for cranks and it worked. I dont notice memory with the line when casting cranks 1/2oz and heavier.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Sunline Model FC?

Post by DarkShadow » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:43 pm

Yeah, haven't had a chance to get on the water with it, but I can already see one thing....the 6# test diameter is similar to their 8# diameter for their Shooter line and the line is a bit stiffer. I was hoping to get diameter info somewhere but I have yet to find it.

The knot strength is pretty good so far (I use double san diego jam knots), but until I get on the water with it a few times, I won't have much more to tell.