Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai Fluorocarbon

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai Fluorocarbon

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:45 am

Finnz922 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:51 am
Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:34 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:30 pm
I've been fishing with this line since before the official release, same with the new J-Fluoro "Hidden" version. I've been a long time Super FC Sniper fan as my "daily driver" line, and have now made the switch to J-Fluoro. Not taking anything away from Sunline, TT sells this line, and I've had success with it over the years. J-Fluoro is level wound on the spool which right off the bat is a positive for me. Even Tatsu, which is a great line, doesn't go to the time and expense of doing this anymore.

Keep in mind the line diameter when comparing this to whatever other line you may be using. J-Fluoro is a "class line" so it's break strength is accurate, so line diameter is much more important to understand. This line is a very good casting, very good overall performing line.
Which fluoro category does this fall under? Hard and stiff, or soft and manageable? All purpose or bottom contact? I'm always up for trying new fluoros! I'm mostly interested in lighter tests, 6-10. Can't find anything that tops my favorite Gamma Touch yet.
My experience with 7lb is awful on spinning gear. I spooled two reels up and it just sprang off the spools. 3000 Daiwa Legalis LT (Japan Shallow Spool) I even pulled it all out and reeled back in. Same results. I haven't tried it since. As a leader it's good. Problem is that I bought a 1000 yard spool and still have probably 700+ yards left.
Wanna sell it??? I use 7lb on my SV105 on a ML rod. Would fit me perfect... I would like to know if this is thinner or par diameter with FC Sniper...

CodyNeely11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CodyNeely11 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:54 am

I've finally had some time with this line and i have to say, i am impressed. Good handling and great abrasion resistance. it will be one of my go to's going forward!

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:18 am

CodyNeely11 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:54 am
I've finally had some time with this line and i have to say, i am impressed. Good handling and great abrasion resistance. it will be one of my go to's going forward!
I'm a fan as well. I'll be buying more for bottom contact stuff going forward.

I stuck a pig (for WI) last month on a t-rig (12lb hidden, TDZ Ito/Phase III Bearing Down), and the line performed perfectly.

hmnginmn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hmnginmn » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:27 pm

I love this line. A bit pricey but I was blown away by how it handles and casts. I was lucky to pick up the 12/14 for half off. Love the 12 for jerkbaits, slightly less stretch than invisix but handles a lot better IMO. I like less stretch for jerkbaits. The 14 feels a bit more similar to invisx, more stretch for sure but I believe this is by design for harder hook sets. Overall, the line handles extremely well but I would only choose this as upgrade for jerkbaits. Everything else is still invisix for me.
Long live the Jerkbait

NOLRAMB
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by NOLRAMB » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:24 pm

8 lb J-Flouro flourocarbon on a few Daiwa 3000 shallow spooled spinning reels with no management issues whatsoever, works great for my needs.

doomtrprz71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by doomtrprz71 » Sat May 14, 2022 11:13 am

I downsized to 16lb since it was nearly half off and after the number of redfish it handled I'm impressed with everything but the price of the hidden concept. Other than that it has been perfect for me.

rubs96
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rubs96 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:15 pm

Great line for me with no issues as of yet.

I’ve got the 7lb. (Regular) and 10lb. (Hidden concept) on spinning setups, and 18lb. and 22lb. (Hidden concept) on casting setups.

Easy to manage. Great casting.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:37 pm

Add me to the converted to Daiwa. I was having a lot of problems lately with Sunline: wirey, stiff, crinkly.

ssbmg
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by ssbmg » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:03 pm

I started using this line on casting set ups for light cranking and fishing with the Deps Cover Scat. 10lb for both, fishing in rip rap and rocky bottom structure. Caught multiple 4-5lb LMB along with the occasional Northern Pike up to 32" (I don't bother to weigh them). No issues whatsoever in landing any bass. No break offs, monster casts, super sensitive. Line seems to sink about the same for me as Invisx. Line also does not seem to get cloudy as quickly as Invisx does for me. No issues with landing pike when they hit the crank. The cover scat on the other hand I've got to really pay attention to the hits and give what feels like a bass bite a brief pause before setting. If it feels like a pike I've got to set the hook immediately or else they'll get it into their mouth just enough to cut the line when I set. Yes, I should be using a steel leader but prefer to not mess with the action of the cover scat.

I use this line in both the clear and hidden on just about all of my lighter weight applications. I've only used it in 10 and 12lb and will continue to use it. Will give it a go on some spinning combos when the ice melts. No higher than 8lb so hopefully it is manageable. I did buy a spool of 8lb Tatsu in case it doesn't work out on my new spinning set up.

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:01 pm

I had some 20# hidden spooled up on my Bantam MGL A--it behaves well, casts well...but boy did I break off a lot in the riprap. I have never broken off so many times before--I'm not really sure what the deal is. I've used P-Line, P-Line Halo, Seaguar InvizX, Trilene 100%, Sunline FC Sniper and never had this issue before. I stripped it off and replaced it with Trilene 100% and will probably spool up the remainder that I have on another reel for swimjigs or chatterbaits or something like that.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Randingo » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:05 pm

godshippy wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:01 pm
I had some 20# hidden spooled up on my Bantam MGL A--it behaves well, casts well...but boy did I break off a lot in the riprap. I have never broken off so many times before--I'm not really sure what the deal is. I've used P-Line, P-Line Halo, Seaguar InvizX, Trilene 100%, Sunline FC Sniper and never had this issue before. I stripped it off and replaced it with Trilene 100% and will probably spool up the remainder that I have on another reel for swimjigs or chatterbaits or something like that.
]

I haven't fished this line, but especially with fluorocarbon, the first first thing that comes to mind is the knot. I fished Halo for year's and never broke off using a Palomar. Sunline , on the other hand (Shooter & Sniper) breaks all the time with that knot. You probably have already eliminated this as a possibility, but fluoros are so different from line to line that it’s worth mentioning.

Drew03cmc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Drew03cmc » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:23 am

I have the 10lb on my finesse cranking setup and throw everything from a Raid Level Shad to a Level Crank, Kabuki 55SR or Bling 55. It's great for my use and I have found no issue with it.
Andy

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:20 am

Is this the same build as the "Hidden" version?

I assume so, right? Just the camo color is different?

DarkShadow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DarkShadow » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:38 am

The heavier sizes may not have issues, but the 6# and 8# that I used had to be taken off the reels after I was fed up with the knot failures.

Line looks great, but its performance left a lot to be desired.

njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by njbasscat » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:34 am

I have been using the hidden version in 7lb on a Steez CT SV mounted on an AGS Finesse Game Special. I throw mostly ned rigs and small swimbaits. The line has been great. No break-offs. Casts very well. I'm going to try it on my jerkbait set-ups this season. It seems to be of higher quality than Sunline Sniper, which I use a lot.