Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai Fluorocarbon

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
CodyNeely11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai Fluorocarbon

Post by CodyNeely11 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:41 am

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but has anyone tried this line? love to hear some thoughts/reviews on this.

thanks!

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai Fluorocarbon

Post by Finnz922 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:47 am

Interested in this as well.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Bump

GOOD YEAR 71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GOOD YEAR 71 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:00 pm

You can buy it at Walmart guys
PEACE

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:57 am

GOOD YEAR 71 wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:00 pm
You can buy it at Walmart guys
It's readily available, but some of us are still dealing with hard water. ;)

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:30 pm

I've been fishing with this line since before the official release, same with the new J-Fluoro "Hidden" version. I've been a long time Super FC Sniper fan as my "daily driver" line, and have now made the switch to J-Fluoro. Not taking anything away from Sunline, TT sells this line, and I've had success with it over the years. J-Fluoro is level wound on the spool which right off the bat is a positive for me. Even Tatsu, which is a great line, doesn't go to the time and expense of doing this anymore.

Keep in mind the line diameter when comparing this to whatever other line you may be using. J-Fluoro is a "class line" so it's break strength is accurate, so line diameter is much more important to understand. This line is a very good casting, very good overall performing line.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:38 pm

Thanks for the info Gary. I purchased three filler spool of the Hidden, in various strengths, from TT this week. I'm excited to put it to work.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Thank you for the order!

Please post your thoughts when you have some time with it.

Gary
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:09 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:42 pm
Thank you for the order!

Please post your thoughts when you have some time with it.

Gary
You betcha. The weekend of 06/24 I should be able to take it out for a spin.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:13 pm

I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with this new line, but my initial impressions are very positive. I fished 14lb. on a large t-rigged worm setup, and 12lb. on my open water casting jig setup. The ease of handling was very good.

I wasn't able to hook up with either of these presentations, so I cannot yet speak on bite detection and stretch.

I will be buying more.

CodyNeely11
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by CodyNeely11 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:17 pm

any thoughts on the abrasion resistance? i just got some 18 in to try and will be reporting back once i get this cast off my foot.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:34 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:30 pm
I've been fishing with this line since before the official release, same with the new J-Fluoro "Hidden" version. I've been a long time Super FC Sniper fan as my "daily driver" line, and have now made the switch to J-Fluoro. Not taking anything away from Sunline, TT sells this line, and I've had success with it over the years. J-Fluoro is level wound on the spool which right off the bat is a positive for me. Even Tatsu, which is a great line, doesn't go to the time and expense of doing this anymore.

Keep in mind the line diameter when comparing this to whatever other line you may be using. J-Fluoro is a "class line" so it's break strength is accurate, so line diameter is much more important to understand. This line is a very good casting, very good overall performing line.
Which fluoro category does this fall under? Hard and stiff, or soft and manageable? All purpose or bottom contact? I'm always up for trying new fluoros! I'm mostly interested in lighter tests, 6-10. Can't find anything that tops my favorite Gamma Touch yet.

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:51 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:34 pm
bronzefly wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:30 pm

Which fluoro category does this fall under? Hard and stiff, or soft and manageable? All purpose or bottom contact? I'm always up for trying new fluoros! I'm mostly interested in lighter tests, 6-10. Can't find anything that tops my favorite Gamma Touch yet.
My experience with 7lb is awful on spinning gear. I spooled two reels up and it just sprang off the spools. 3000 Daiwa Legalis LT (Japan Shallow Spool) I even pulled it all out and reeled back in. Same results. I haven't tried it since. As a leader it's good. Problem is that I bought a 1000 yard spool and still have probably 700+ yards left.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:54 pm

I had a brain fart. I actually did try this line in the 8lb test. I didn't care for it. Handling was fine, but it seemed on the dryer, brittle side - not terrible, but more so than what I typically use. The other odd characteristic was how slowly it sank. Not as slow as mono, but the slowest I've used with fluoro. It's already painful fishing weightless plastics, Flick Shakes and the such with light fluoro. This was even worse. Very slow sink. Might be good for some applications though, and some people might like that.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:41 pm

Finnz922 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:51 am
My experience with 7lb is awful on spinning gear. I spooled two reels up and it just sprang off the spools. 3000 Daiwa Legalis LT (Japan Shallow Spool) I even pulled it all out and reeled back in. Same results. I haven't tried it since. As a leader it's good. Problem is that I bought a 1000 yard spool and still have probably 700+ yards left.
Interesting. I started off with J-Fluoro Samurai in 7# as I've used Super FC Sniper in 7 for years with success. I thought the 7 was a shade lighter. I fish a lot of 110's and 1/4 oz finesse jigs, especially in the winter, so I switched to 8#. I've used the Steez AGS 76MML paired with an Exist LT 3000CXH with the 8# for quite a while now and haven't had that problem, nor did I have it with the 7.
CodyNeely11 wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:17 pm
any thoughts on the abrasion resistance? i just got some 18 in to try and will be reporting back once i get this cast off my foot.
Its been very good overall in my experience. I've had some fraying in big rocks with 16# in the new "Hidden" green line, but I can say I would have had the same with many other lines I've used in the same situations. New 21 Zillion paired with the Steez AGS 72H Power Pitch and a 1/2 oz jig and line has worked great in lay-downs, light vegetation, and rocks.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap