Different Sunline Sniper?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Different Sunline Sniper?

Post by reason162 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:32 pm

What's the intended purpose/difference in these lines, does anyone know?

The one on left seems a little stiffer and thicker in hand, and also level wound onto the spool.

Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Different Sunline Sniper?

Post by Houndfish » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:12 pm

reason162 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:32 pm
What's the intended purpose/difference in these lines, does anyone know?

The one on left seems a little stiffer and thicker in hand, and also level wound onto the spool.

If it's the same as this Shooter, it is in fact stiffer and maybe a little thicker. I have been using it as a jig/bottom contact line and love it. It's noticeably stiffer then Sniper and transmits vibration like a champ, but it handles closer to weedwhacker wire. It's less stretchy and you can't whale on it as much as you can with a more stretchy line. But it's great for jigs and such it's worth it imho, but I don't like it for anything much under the "1/2oz jig" weight class.

reason162
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by reason162 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:24 am

Houndfish wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:12 pm
If it's the same as this Shooter, it is in fact stiffer and maybe a little thicker. I have been using it as a jig/bottom contact line and love it. It's noticeably stiffer then Sniper and transmits vibration like a champ, but it handles closer to weedwhacker wire. It's less stretchy and you can't whale on it as much as you can with a more stretchy line. But it's great for jigs and such it's worth it imho, but I don't like it for anything much under the "1/2oz jig" weight class.
Lol so there's Super FC Sniper in the white box we're familiar here in the states, then there's Shooter FC Sniper, and just plain Shooter?

I'll give it a whirl on my small swimbait/spybait setup, a bit less stretch over Super FC Sniper 5lb might be welcome but not if it jumps off the spool every other cast.

Johnny A
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Johnny A » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:21 am

I couldn’t remember which was the premium of the two, so I googled it.
Here you go,

https://youtu.be/47s3obdl9Mo