Fireline getting discontinued?

The single most important aspect of your tackle providing that vital link between yourself and your catch. What's everyone's favorites and why? Come on in and find out!
Drakestar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Fireline getting discontinued?

Post by Drakestar » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:55 am

All Fireline SKUs are marked as "Closeout" on TW now. Not sure if that means a new version is in the works or if Berkley is discontinuing it for good. I know it's a kinda polarizing line, but I know there are die-hard fans. (I'm running it on one of my 76MML Steez now, great match). If you're as paranoid as me, you might want to buy a couple spools for the future :P
fireline.jpg
fireline.jpg (36.21 KiB) Viewed 3268 times

Thunderblack1984
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Fireline getting discontinued?

Post by Thunderblack1984 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:04 am

I have used this line for 20 plus years and love it! Please no!
Philippians 4:6

cueball
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by cueball » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:00 pm

There is not much news available, but it looks to me like there is a new 8 carrier Fireline replacing both original Fireline, which was 4 carrier, and Ultra 8. In my opinion, Ultra 8 was an improvement over original, with no downside. The new 8 carrier Fireline will come in Hi Vis, which Ultra 8 did not.

There is one video from Icast that I have found that talks about the new Fireline, but does not include any explanation of what will happen with the current products. I think it is a little odd that Berkley hasn't done a little more promotion of a pretty big change with one of their core products.

DenhamBruce
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DenhamBruce » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:25 pm

Anyone know the deal with this new Fireline? Don't see why they would faze out Ultra 8 and not note any improvements with this new one over it..

slipperybob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by slipperybob » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:23 pm

Maybe they just moving from Dyneema fibers to Izanas fibers :-k
slip bobbing is the laziest way to fish